This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

BaseCamp doesn't calculate any routes

Unfortunately all the threads I've read don't fix the problem I've got with BaseCamp.

• BC Version 4.8.7
  • Mac OS Catalina 10.15.2
  • Map: City Navigator Europe NTU 2020.3, Version 23.30, installed on the Mac
  • GPS: Zümo 390LM

I'm trying to plan a route, but the calculation window only appears so quick, that I even can't read any status message in the window.

The route calculation seems not to work, only straight lines between waypoints or route points as a result.

Any ideas on this issue?

Many Thanks!

• Have you read Garmin's response above?  Have you lodged your case with them, if so they will email you once a solution is found.  The work around is as posted, use an earlier map version.

• The Dutch support don’t answer my mails (more than 10 days ago). The English support don’t add me to the mailing list when a solution is found...

• after sending a large number of screenshots to Garmin UK Support (as requested by them).  Garmin have confirmed there is an issue and a corrective software update for Basecamp is expected by end of Feb - this will be notified to me by email (case recorded).  I called and spoke to a tech who said they believe the issue rests between basecamp and the 2020.3 Europe map being split in two (3 parts when operating with a device plugged into my Mac).

• Well the EU map has been split in two for around a year so we've had numerous maps split, and it works with the 2020.20 map, which is also split, so it must be more than an issue caused by the split map Slight smile

• Sussamb

that was my thought but didn't know if the previous maps had also been split in 2. seems they still don't know what is happening. I notice that when you look at basecamp for windows forum section they don't seem to have the same problems.

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 4 years ago

just find out, europe 2020.3 version straight-lines

Out of europe its calculate a route, so the map ntu2020.3 for europe is the problem, i think

Ron Jansen

• So as not to confuse anything the issue is the latest map, CN 2020.30 on a Mac with BaseCamp, Windows users with BaseCamp don't have the problem Slight smile

• How did you roll back may I ask? I probably have a time machine back up from before but I wouldn't know where to find the maps or how to install them back to my device.

• Just registering my interest in this thread because I’ve just bought a new iMac, installed BaseCamp & all I’m getting are straight lines when trying to calculate a route.

• On which map though?  Not all maps are routeable so this could be normal for the map you're using.