This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

BaseCamp doesn't calculate any routes

Unfortunately all the threads I've read don't fix the problem I've got with BaseCamp.

• BC Version 4.8.7
  • Mac OS Catalina 10.15.2
  • Map: City Navigator Europe NTU 2020.3, Version 23.30, installed on the Mac
  • GPS: Zümo 390LM

I'm trying to plan a route, but the calculation window only appears so quick, that I even can't read any status message in the window.

The route calculation seems not to work, only straight lines between waypoints or route points as a result.

Any ideas on this issue?

Many Thanks!

• Rolled back my map to 20.10 on basecamp, planned a route and it works fine. Sent route to my Nav V which has 20.30 and that works as well so ok until garmin issue a new version of the maps. Cant believe that Garmin issue a new map without checking that it actually works. 

• I think they do check, but there are limits as to what combinations of checks they can do, or they'd never be able to release a map Slight smile

• Yes same issues for me too

• It is not universal to all Macs, so I'm wondering if there is a corrupt preferences file or similar deep-system issue. I'm using the following with no routing problems to speak of (ie just the usual quirks of BC):

iMac 27" 2017, OS 10.13.6, BaseCamp 4.8.7, CN NA NT 2020.30

Things to try include logging in as a new user and installing BC for that user to use exclusively.

-dan

• City Navigator Europe NTU 2020.3 Nerd

• Danham

I am using Mac Pro; os 10.15.2; basecamp 4.8.7; map 2020.3 and i have the problem so maybe it is linked to the Catalina level that causes the problem as there is also the issue with the 3D map view that is messed up.

• Does this happen only with CN Europe 2020.3? My CN Australia/New Zealand 2020.3 is fine with the latest BC and MacOS.

• Hi everybody

just got this reply from Garmin support in Switzerland:

"Uns liegen vereinzelte Meldungen vor, die das Problem, das Sie beschreiben, zum Inhalt haben.

Die entsprechenden Entwicklungsabteilungen in den USA wurden bereits über den Sachverhalt informiert. Die Kollegen dort überprüfen das Problem und arbeiten an einer Lösungsmöglichkeit.

Bis es soweit ist, möchten wir Sie um etwas Geduld bitten.

Eine Aussage darüber, wann und in welcher Form eine Lösung bereitstehen wird, kann zum gegenwärtigen Zeitpunkt leider nicht getroffen werden."

which means (in google English):

"We have isolated reports that contain the problem you are describing.

The relevant development departments in the USA have already been informed of the facts. The colleagues there check the problem and work on a solution.

Until then, we would like to ask you to be patient.

Unfortunately, it is currently not possible to make a statement as to when and in what form a solution will be available."

So long...

• Thanks for the update Dave - we will await Garmin's solution

• Thanks Dave 

faster response than I have got, appreciate your update. we will just wait.

was the "so long" in their reply may be truly a wait!!!

Graham