Transfer problem from basecamp to nuvi

Hello, new member here.  I created a simple one-way route on my basecamp ( 4.8.7). It is named and shows up on "my computer". When I used the "device" button (upper LH corner) it indicates it is being sent to the nuvi 755 and I get a message saying "TRANSFER COMPLETE" but I cannot find it anywhere on the device.  Looked in "FAVORITES" & "CUSTOM ROUTES".

I see the steps of the route (Route to S-bury) on the left column in Basecamp.  I have a8 Gb SD card in the device (titled Nik-1) which sometimes appears before the nuvi fully engages with the BaseCamp program.  The steps of the route appear there as well. I take this to mean the route DID transfer to the SD card in the nuvi but how to I connect it up to show me the route when I want it?

Thanks for your replies.  Obviously I am totally tech ignorant & a declining geezer to boot.

• @DHride you might want to try and "master reset" your GPS with the link provided by Sussam (thanks) above. Worked for me. Hopefully your GPS is listed on the reset site.

From info I got from a friend who's been using GPS forever, if you improperly unplug the GPS or loose power while doing an update, before it has a chance to finish, this may corrupt files/drivers necessary for the GPS to map routes properly.

This reset basically restores your GPS to factory state. You will have to reinstall your maps with Garmin Express after, but that is no big deal if your GPS has been registered with Garmin.

Let us know if that worked for you.

As for myself I can now use Trip Planner in Basecamp, choose my start and finish points and adjust the route to my liking by dragging the magenta line to which road/detour I want to use (the route displayed by Basecamp was taking into a major city downtown which I prefer to avoid).

Basecamp then transferred the trip to GPS exactly the way I wanted. 

Once I unplugged the GPS (make sure you "eject" the GPS first) the trip was on my Nuvi "trip planner".