Transfer problem from basecamp to nuvi

Hello, new member here.  I created a simple one-way route on my basecamp ( 4.8.7). It is named and shows up on "my computer". When I used the "device" button (upper LH corner) it indicates it is being sent to the nuvi 755 and I get a message saying "TRANSFER COMPLETE" but I cannot find it anywhere on the device.  Looked in "FAVORITES" & "CUSTOM ROUTES".

I see the steps of the route (Route to S-bury) on the left column in Basecamp.  I have a8 Gb SD card in the device (titled Nik-1) which sometimes appears before the nuvi fully engages with the BaseCamp program.  The steps of the route appear there as well. I take this to mean the route DID transfer to the SD card in the nuvi but how to I connect it up to show me the route when I want it?

Thanks for your replies.  Obviously I am totally tech ignorant & a declining geezer to boot.

• Does it show on the device when you select the device in BaseCamp?

• On my Garmin RV 760LMT trips sent from Basecamp are in the app "Trip Planner." If you have such an app as well, look there.

• I have the same issue transferring a trip, using trip planner from BaseCamp to Nuvi 56. Basecamp displays Nuvi. When I select transfer to device it shows transfer complete. When I disconnect Nuvi 56 and turn it on it displays "cannot transfer trip".

• AS displayed in this screenshot, Nuvi 56 is detected by Basecamp. At bottom Nuvi 56 displays trip to Roxanne but when I eject Nuvi from computer and turn it on it says "cannot save trip from Roxanne".

Nuvi shows 2.9Gb of storage available without SD card - wondering if this is issue - would it accept a 32Gb sd card?

• I had similar problems with BaseCamp and my Garmin RV 760LMT - BaseCamp stated that a trip had been transferred and it also showed up in the device section of BaseCamp, however, when disconnecting the device and restarting it, it at first crashed (always) and then did not show the transferred trip.

After more than a year of frustration, trying this and that and even getting the device replaced by Garmin (which did not help), I finally found out that BaseCamp was incompatible with a setting that I had made on the device for my vehicle. Since I simply removed this setting I have no problems to transfer trips from BaseCamp to the device.

In my case the "disabling setting" was adding a propane tank to the specifics of my motorhome on the device. Having an RV with propane tank meant no trip transfers; having an RV without propane tank meant no problems with trip transfers. It's pretty normal for an RV to have a propane tank - why else would Garmin offer to add one to the RV specifics on the device? However, this made it impossible to send trips from BaseCamp to the device (and Garmin has not fixed this bug in BaseCamp although I told them about it many months ago).

This might not apply to your cases and your devices - but maybe you have put some "odd" thing into the vehicle specifics on your devices. Maybe you want to try to have a few as possible vehicle specifics on your devices, and maybe that helps. Please let me know.

• My vehicle specifics are pretty basic. Just the default car from the Nuvi. I did however noticed some discrepancies between the map in BaseCamp and the map in the Nuvi, i.e. roads and highway exits built 10 years ago missing in the Nuvi, eventhough I have the latest update installed with Garmin Express.

As you can see the from the attached screenshot, it's a pretty simple trip, about 100 miles, no big deal but Nuvi keeps saying "cannot save trip".

Don't know what else to try. Been at this 2 full days with no change. Ready to give up.

• I had an online chat w/ a Garmin guy and he sent me links.  Basic idea was to use TRIP PLANNER whereby I'd enter a start and destination.  Then modify the route on the map.  Very difficult that way as soon the magenta route line is jumping all over & doubling back and sort of having a psychotic asphalt fit.  I can do better if I use the create tool to "draw" a route BUT if I do get it to transfer it sees each part I drew as a separate trip rather than a continuous run although the "steps" are listed under a blanket name I gave to route.  I have tried to plan a route this way in Google maps which is much easier to draw in but cannot figure how to import those routes into base camp and online to words I read say there is no way you can do this.

fed up as I just purchased a $50 map update as had the original map from about 8 or 9 years back.  I really wanted to start using this gPS on my motorcycle but still forced to just put in a destination and listen to the voice commands have to keep updating as I try to make my own route.

I have no particular restrictions like propane tank, just the motorcycle symbol in basecamp.  Can't believe we got a couple of dudes on the moon in '69 and 50 years on the technology is fighting us so hard.  It is supposed to make things easier.

My nuvi is a 4.3" and other than the over priced zumos (?) all are 5" & up.  Also I got this because it has a headphone jack to listen to voice instruction in earbuds.  I cannot be looking at the screen while riding, so unsafe.  I guess I'll keep struggling.

DH

• Tried the online chat ... gave up after staring at blank page for 1 1/2 hr.

The workaround you're talking about ... creating trip and modify works up to a certain point but the whole route will still not transfer to GPS.

Even a simple trip with 2 waypoints ( start & end points) doesn't transfer - the " cannot save trip" message from Nuvi GPS is like a built-in insanity sentence.

I certainly would like a sit-down conversation with whomever created the software.

• I've never had such an issue so something isn't right somewhere.  How much free space is there on your device?  Shouldn't be an issue but just in case.  Also difficult to say for sure from your screenshot but do you have the CN map selected, looks awfully like the base map to me?

• My Nuvi 56 displays 2.9Gb free space; has the latest CN Navigator North America NT 2020.3. Same map on Basecamp.

The screenshot from BaseCamp map has details minimized to almost zero - that's why you don't see a lot of them. Just tried a simple trip from home to a waypoint, about 100 miles (135Km). No big deal.

I've tried transferring to Nuvi with and without SD card (SanDisk 32 Gb). No success. Not sure if Nuvi accepts this card but Basecamp shows that it is there.

One thing I do notice is, there are discrepancies between the map from Basecamp and the one on Nuvi. For example in Canada,Quebec Hwy (AUT-40) eastbound approaching Montreal (apprx. 15 miles or 20 Km) there exists a off-ramp (32) leading to Aut-30 heading North. This ramp was built about 7-8 years ago and I've taken it many times.

However, on my Nuvi, it doesn't exists, Even when I was driving it,( 2 years ago) Nuvi failed to recognize the exit - only because I knew where it went (info from friends) and travelled it, did Nuvi somewhat re-calculate the trip.

As a matter of fact, a whole section of that AUT-30 is missing on the Nuvi (like it was before 2012) but displays on BaseCamp.

One thing I just thought about, I'm using a Mac with 3.0 USB port; could it be that the Nuvi is only USB 2.0 compatible? 

Are you on a Windows system? What device do you have? Are US based or Canada?

Just trying to figure out what could be the issue.