This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin VIRB iPhone APP ???

First apologies for posting here but there is no section in the Forums for iPhone APPs - may I suggest one is created to discuss iPhone Apps (e.g. Garmin Connect App and Garmin VIRB App etc.)

Anyway back to topic ... when will the Garmin VIRB iPhone App be released??
  • Sorry, it's been a long day. Just trying to make sure people realize that it could still take hours before they show up. Just because the day is ending where you are, that's no guaranty that the apps will be there.

Big day for Garmin - a software update for the Monterra was also released.
  • The Android app is there for download in the Play store but the iPhone app is taking a little more time to show up. No reports of anyone finding it yet.
  • One thing about the app - you can't take pictures from it. You can still take pictures from the camera's photo button while the app is running, and even while video is recording.

And when you start WiFi on the VIRB, you lose the setup screen. The setup capabilities you lose in the camera while WiFi is on are available for modification in the app, at the gear icon at the top left of the screen.
  • Just tried to search for "vibr" in the app store on my iPhone - still not there:confused:

If you really are looking for "vibr", you may never find it.
  • The iPhone app is now available in the Apple store. I can see it there, ready to download.

Do a search for 'Garmin VIRB'.
  • I had this happen once, on an older version of the software a week ago but it's been very easy to connect repeatedly since then. And it never drops the connection for me once I'm connected via WiFi and the app is up and running. It's been very reliable so far.

I'll be interested to hear how others are faring.
  • app on both iPad and iPhone is working fine for me. Thanks alot for the Christmas present Garmin ���� ��
  • My iPhone or my iPad connected to my Virb and all works great but then i disconnect them from the Virb and cannot connect again. i needed to restart the iPhone or iPad, restart the Virb and only after few times i was able to connect them again.
    Anyone experienced similar issue?

Do you get 'Searching'. Sometimes I get this i just kill the app on the iPhone and restart.
  • This afternoon I was getting the "Searching" message going on and on and when I'd had enough I clicked on the "Record" button, and magically it found the camera and started recording.

The moral of the story: just because it still says "searching" doesn't mean it hasn't already found it. :cool:
  • Yep, think you are correct there, because you can see the 1080p in the top of the display so you know it has communicated with the camera, it is just the liveview gets stuck sometimes on searching.