This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin VIRB iPhone APP ???

First apologies for posting here but there is no section in the Forums for iPhone APPs - may I suggest one is created to discuss iPhone Apps (e.g. Garmin Connect App and Garmin VIRB App etc.)

Anyway back to topic ... when will the Garmin VIRB iPhone App be released??
  • Where is the iPhone app? Garmin? Apple?

Had the Garmin VIRB Elite over a month now. Where is the iPhone app?:mad:
  • this is pretty much a slam dunk law suit. documentation everywhere about the app, BUT no app! and no response from Garmin which makes it worse.
    Basically gets everyone to buy one and then get past their return dates.
  • Does the lack of an app make the pictures and videos useless? The VIRB has the best lens of all the so called 'Action Cameras', so the apps, when they show up, will be icing on the cake, but iPhone and Android apps mean very little to me with a camera whose lens is as good as this.

Patience, people. The Apps are coming, but the cameras are no less great without them.
  • Well I had a GoPro with app and I can tell you what I remember about that camera is how lousy the pictures were. I never look back fondly on the times I used the apps. Yes, the apps were entertaining, and they made it easier to change settings on that little POS, since it had such a terrible interface, but what you keep is the video and photos, and you were lucky to get good ones from that camera. Half the time the lens was covered with fog. The rest of the time the camera was pointed too high or too low to get good pictures. And a lot of the time it had either locked up or the battery had died.

The VIRB is so much better than that in almost every way.

The apps are coming.
  • The VIRB is so much better than that in almost every way.

:D Spot on summary of the GoPro ... Terrible Interface, hard to tell if you were recording or not, nightmare trying to work out what settings you had, positioning without a viewfinder was guesswork, battery gave out after an hour .... and yes, half the video trashed by fogging because of the cold seas in UK.

Tried the VIRB windsurfing on weekend and it was great! And no I did not need a dive case, waterproofing worked well.
  • The GoPro brackets were crap - they broke easily and some had play in them which ruined video recordings. They were as aerodynamic as a small barn door. They didn't have a lanyard attachment point.

But they did have an app. :rolleyes:
  • iPhone Apps will be nice and I do believe Garmin will release it sooner or later. The bad think they advertised but also they never commit that the Apps will be released together with VIRB.

I was also between GoPro Silver Edition and Garmin VIRB. I choose VIRB and I’m really happy with my choice.

Great interface, the small LCD help you to position the camera no guessing, great bracketing system and really good video and the cheery on my cake was the ability to remote it using my EDGE 810.

Since with VIRB Edit I was able to sync .fit from Edge 810 with camera footage I took the decision to go for VIRB and not VIRB ELITE so I spend my saving on brackets.

VIRB it is really a nice product but it is newborn as well so its need some time.
  • Well isn't that a coincidence: The iPhone and Android apps should be available for download by the end of the day, I've been told. And you can get your VIRB Elite ready by downloading the latest software through Web Updater:

Changes made from version 2.80 to 3.00:

Enables support for smartphone app - available now on the App Store and Google Play Store
    Fixes potential lockup during video playback
    Fixes potential crash when inserting HDMI cable
    Elite Only: Adds support for more ANT cadence sensors
    Elite Only: Fixes bug in accelerometer recordings when set to 'This Side Down'
  • Great! Looking forward to see the app. Just tried to search for "vibr" in the app store on my iPhone - still not there:confused:
  • It was only an ascertainment from here (where the day is ending soon (Denmark)) So GEOMONSTER using the size tag is a bit overreacting ;-)

>should be available for download by the end of the day, I've been told.<