Garmin Virb Edit, G-Metrix error

For synchronization, the location on the Google map should be the same as the video taken, but the location cannot be changed on the map.

I can see the map, but the point where I can change the position on the map is gone.

When I click the G--Matrix Sync button, Script Error windows 2 appears.

Script Error Content is..

One

[0]

[0]

[Script error]

[0]

[https://maps.googleapis.com/maps-api-v3/api/js/53/14/intl/ko_ALL/marker.js]

Two

[0]

[0]

[Script error]

[0]

[https://maps.googleapis.com/maps-api-v3/api/js/53/14/intl/ko_ALL/controls.js]

Help me, please Pray 

Top Replies

All Replies

• Same issue.  I'm guessing Google changed something in their API or messed with Java.  Hopefully there's a way to fix it.

• Same issue : since yesterday , I can have the map but there is no point of location on it and I have no more satellite views, so it's impossible to synchronize the video and the data.

• I have the same. it's very annoying, also because there are no alternatives to the software

• No entiendo por qué Garmin deja que pasen estas cosas. Tengo el mismo problema

• Bom dia, tenho o mesmo problema e não consigo colocar telemetria pois não aparece o mapa para ver os pontos de inicio do video. O que fazer

Preciso de ajuda também

grato

• Hopefully there's a way to fix it

Which way? Adding Virb variable in Regedit not solves this time 

• I’ve had a reply from product support  (RE: << Ref:25356879K1 >> Re: VIRB® Edit - overlay <Q#:1013506>). Quote:- 

Looking futher into this for you, As you may also be aware, all of our Virb units and apps are now discontinied and no longer supported, so outside of trying a different phone, there isn't much else we would be able to advise you to try. 

I do apologise for the inconvenience 

Kind regards,

Andy

Garmin Europe

not very helpful

• So the band-aid sudo-solution for me as of Oct 13, 2023 (since the prior workaround doesn't seem to work anymore):

1. Import the continuous gopro video segments.
    2. Add same fit data to each video segment along with your gauge template. Click yes to all script error prompts.
    3. Use g-matrix for 1st video segment. In the g-matrix adjustment screen, do not change the left side gopro video starting point (leave it as is which is at the beginning of the video segment). Only adjust the right side fit data slider to match the beginning of the video. This will set the *baseline additive amount of time value* for all of the subsequent video segments, so you'll want to verify and make sure it matches as close as possible. (Mine turned out to be 1:27 [1 min 27 sec] for the 1st segment.)
    4. SUBTRACT 10 seconds from your *baseline additive amount of time value*. (So from my example, I take 1:27 and subtract 10 seconds, and value becomes 1:17)
    5. Next, you'll see that each subsequent gopro video segment has a starting time in VIRB timeline. Mine was showing 11:47, 23:35, 35:23, 47:10, etc.
    6. For each of these subsequent gopro video segments, edit g-matrix, add the value from step 4 (1:17) to each of the starting time and adjust only the right side fit data slider. (So my 2nd video segment would be adjusted to 13:04) [to be clear: 11:47 + 1:17 = 13:04]. My 3rd video segment would be adjusted to 24:02 [23:35 + 1:17 = 24:52], etc.
    7. As you perform step 6, you might find that you can't adjust the slide to exact calculated value, since you can't use the arrows and have to rely on the slider. In this case, do your best to adjust to the closest number you can set to the calculated value (best fit seems to be just a little higher than the calculated value).

Good luck.