How would you have us improve HomePort?

If there's something that you don't like about HomePort, or a feature that you want, reply here.

Simple changes and bug fixes can be made relatively quickly.

Changes to the user interface take more time but can happen more quickly if users request those features here in this forum.
  • Former Member
    0 Former Member over 9 years ago
    I am now using yomesite and homeport for mac also, and actually I've been using homeport for quite a while and still using it only because it has some things but I can't see any changes in homeport for a while, why don't they investigate in?
  • Increase range setting for sidevu.

If there's something that you don't like about HomePort, or a feature that you want, reply here.

Changes to the user interface take more time but can happen more quickly if users request those features here in this forum.

When using sonar playback could you increase the range setting so as to view more of the bottom when viewing side vu. It seems at present to be set just deeper than the water column.
    Thanks
    kiwifisho
  • Former Member
    0 Former Member over 9 years ago
    There are a number of software packages ( Navico, Reefmaster, Autochart etc..) that import user logs to generate custom water depth contours . These can then be exported back to the device. If Homeport could support this function, it would be a very useful product to many Garmin users.
  • Add ability Copy and Paste of part of a route(and invert the highlighted section)

I use a Mac with Homeport and it is very cumbersome trying to create new routes from parts of existing routes. Currently I cannot copy and paste part of one route (i.e. a group of selected waypoints from one route) to another. I must insert an entire route into the new one and then delete all the waypoints not needed. If the direction is different, then I must invert the source route, then copy the entire route, the remember to go back again, and "un" invert the original route. I believe in Mapsource I was able to simply copy and past waypoints from one route to another (not sure if I could invert if needed, tho).

Further, when adding waypoints to a route using the route tool, it is very difficult to pan and zoom the map areas. Scroll bars and zoom button would probably help. Or allow drag feature to move the map with the pinch feature for zoom control. And a click to set the way point.
  • Managing large waypoint databases

Unfortunately my Garmin 4210 does not hold more than 1500 waypoints. I have over 6000 to manage. So...I have broken them up into files geographically and have to upload different files as I travel from dive site to dive site. I edit as I go on my Garmin 4210 and save it back to the SD card. How do I go about updating what is on my mac so that it takes my changes instead of just adding new stuff and increasing the number of waypoints and file size?
  • You have got to be kidding...

I just logged into the forums to figure out how to use Homeport on my 11" MacBook Air with no SD card slot. I was able to use it fine on my PC with onboard card slot, but now that I'm using a snazzy thin macbook with no slot onboard, I can't use HomePort.

Fresh download from one of my 4212's to a new micro SD card, plugged into a USB adapter on the macbook - No joy. Email to support - yup - ain't gonna work.

So your question about how to improve Homeport - for me - starts with making it usable. Just make it so we can actually use the darned software.
  • ... but now that I'm using a snazzy thin macbook with no slot onboard, I can't use HomePort.

Well that's hardly a Homeport issue, you've bought an incompatible device.

Having said that have you tried installing a virtual drive and copying your files to that?
  • Recode the Homeport application to:
    1) Work with current MAC OS or declare that Garmin products do not work with MAC
    2) Improve the send data to device or receive from device to be easier to utilize. Of course my frustration could be that that Homeport runs so slowly I often have to guess if it is finished performing a function
    3) Improve the ability to synch data across multiple Marine devices.
    4) provide frequent and scheduled updates to address performance or security issues.
  • If there's something that you don't like about HomePort, or a feature that you want, reply here.

1. Export Sonar Recordings to .CSV file with the coordinate, depth and time.
  • I would like Homeport to read maps from hard drive and not the SD Card

I agree. This would be a big improvement.