Creating workouts

Not strictly a beta-related matter, but I am a little annoyed that we can no longer create workouts on the Tacx cloud platform. We are being re-directed to Connect, but currently there seems to be no way to create a proper indoor cycling workout on Connect. No option to set slope or watts. Is this all we are going to get in the announced new workouts?

• I was surprised that Garmin hadn't added some Cycling workouts onto Connect prior to the move. I'd assumed they'd at least move the existing workouts across too..

You can set a Watts target though. Target Type = Custom Power,  

• Totally agree. Where is slope workout !!! ???

I also miss the visualization and graphic edition of the workout.

• What is that power interval? Earlier we defined just a single power in a period of time.

• I'm not sure I understand your question. You can still set whatever target power number you want over any duration that you want. Either choose a range for the power or set the upper and lower number to be the same. 

• I did so, set lower=upper. 

But how is the behaviour of the trainer if I set a power interval between 150W and 200W.

Before, if I set 180W target, 180W was maintained regardless of the cadence, but now what would happen? I am away from home and cannot test.

• I can live with the clumsy way Connect works for creating workouts (although the old Tacx cloud was much better for this). But what I find very hard to accept is that we cannot do a slope workout. That was a useful workout type, at least for me. It should not have disappeared. And the worst thing about it is that nobody at Tacx/Garmin is willing to admit that this is was (another) big error of judgment.

• If you give it a range, it'll set the erg mode target at the middle (175W in this example) and then give you the too high/too low warning if you're above/below the limits.