Continue button to turn multiple-stage rides into one continuous ride

When cycling a number of stages of a tour it's obvious the whole film has been broken up into those stages - would be really good if there was a continue button so the multiple stages are recorded as one whole ride not 5 separate rides

• I used the continue button in TTS4 to complete the long 50 milers in parts.If playlists ever become a feature i would create long multi-stage rides to do in parts according to the time i have to train.

• there needs to be a simple list someplace in the backend that names the rides that follow each other, then when ending a ride the next stage could auto start. Then to add to this you could have a way for the customer to create his own list...something like the favorites icon. This icon could be next to a Catalys workout or a GPS ride also to cater for Nicks idea?   

There would/could need to be a new way to display the data of your selected list (premade Tacx one or customer) ...like I can imagine a premade tacx one of the Marmotte displaying a 160km long mountain ride made from 4 stages...that's fine but how to display a list with a Catalyst warm up, a TT KOM effort up Alp dHuez then a recovery on a GPS ride through North Korea? 

Premade lists that would start the next stage in the selected order is a brilliant feature also for Tacx Challenges as these could be clearly marked, marketed & would make them a fair bit more popular if they were all there ready to ride without having to search for each stage.

• Thanks for your suggestion Phill :)

• If you want to know how we did this with the 'other software' we used a single XML file that was parsed by the app on startup. The xml file listed which individual rides followed each other. These now much longer rides would be displayed inside the menu as really long rides...I think that's probably too technically difficult to add into TDA & the mobile Apps?  But they could be listed at least in a new Challenge section..There you would have the Tacx challenges & all the longer rides (as these would be I guess challenging because of the longer length or call them Grand Tours or something)...So close your eyes & imagine opening the Tacx Apps & at the top level would be the Tacx Challenges which would all now start with a stage order like the Tour de France...Rides that actually join each other would be here also...You have that exception code line to split the individual stage output data files if over say 10km exists between the stages to avoid crazy-looking GPS paths in Connect & strava...this exception should be technically very very easy for any Garmin developer.  I would have a GUI added to Basilius to easily enter code into the XML file that would list which stages are in a challenge & in which order...that would be need to be used by guys like Bas & Tacx marketing when making new challenges. 

• To add, 

So the XML file would need to have for each ride

• a new name that was then added to another list for tagging, drop-down selection
    • Rides ID code T2000.00  (pulled from the selected ride)
    • Course Start & end location (so you can for example just list l'Alpe d'Huez rather than the whole of Marmotte Stage 4)
    • Next Ride ID & course

So to me a playlist feature where we can premake the lists of grouped rides (challenges) would also replace the Catagories feature which is broken. Customers would then work their way through a list in the order we choose but they could obviously start at the end...which would be less tempting. For riders in an announced Tacx challenge, it would be utterly brilliant to have everyone start on stage 1 on that 1st day...you would then in effect have an indoor cyclosportive with loads of action on stage one & the groups thinning out as the stages progress. It would be quite obviously a lot of fun...if the progress map was also developed (very easy code as its nearly all there in the Tacx world Map, its that but more simple as its just recording your last position when you stop & a position list), without it there would be not much interest as there would be no way to know whats happening...it will be a bit rubbish..like strava without segments! 

• If they add this then there would open a whole world of ways Tacx could advertise or market the different rides, would could for example list just our climbs...the Legendary Climbs collection & the Toughest climbs collection (maybe near the same list, but we have a lot of killer steep climbs that could be listed together like HardKnott Pass in the same playlist as the Zoncolan or That thing we did in Austria or next to Lake Como...they are locally well-known horrors but often unknown in the world userbase....We could list rides next to the lakes & rivers etc all kinds of stage races...I could start filming long multi day routes again...already started on a brand new Raid Pyrenees 6K that I actually expect will never be enjoyed inside Tacx software, Im not waiting though & I hope by the end of next year I will have all 700km done & saved onto endless hard drives haha.

https://veloviewer.com/athletes/3647757/activities/5375772776

• Can I ask. Is it possible to select any two or more ride, string them together and then do a full course. This is separate to Garmin/TACX stage rides. For example, I may want to pre-plan two different unrelated rides straight after each other without having to stop and select the next ride.

'Create Sub-course' only lets you select a segment in the ride you're on. Be cool to be able to string any rides after each other.

• Can I ask. Is it possible to select any two or more ride, string them together and then do a full course. This is separate to Garmin/TACX stage rides. For example, I may want to pre-plan two different unrelated rides straight after each other without having to stop and select the next ride.

'Create Sub-course' only lets you select a segment in the ride you're on. Be cool to be able to string any rides after each other.

• I’ve been asking for this for years now and it falls on deaf ears !!

• This would be an awesome feature, especially for the playlists that seem designed to be done this way (the multi-stage Ardennes or Netherlands stages that start at the endpoint of the previous one...).

I'd like to do some long rides and also get that Tacx 100km badge, but if they're all separate activities, they don't satisfy it.