Transparent Profile option.

I have had this profile with colours on top but the fill in blue progress turned off in the past .I find the blue fill in  is alright for flat rides.However on Mountains and rolling rides the progress of the fill in blue  is covering the video with one large or number of smaller bright blue triangles.This fill in transparent with colours on top of the profile profile is the only option for the mobile Apps and i would like to use this again for TDA.

I would also say a option to have the ride data of time completed/to go in small text above the profile would get that profile lower and result in more of the film to be seen.

• High quality film with colours on top but filled in blue progress in the main profile.

The 1st turned off blue progress with coloured grades on top of the profile screenshot is more in keeping with the high quality TDA films.My advice would be to leave full blue fill in with colours on top as the default setting.Then have a option in settings to be able to turn off the filled in blue progress but still keep the colours on top.

The small detailed grade widget profile can have 2 options of transparent with colours on top or full colour with colours on top.

• I should be working... ranting on here though is addictive!  The whole concept of the original profile in TDA was to show the nature of the terrain ahead (not possible at all without colorising the grades) but to also do this in the most unobtrusive way possible. As with the entire GUI your eye should be on the film in order to get the immersive effect of being there. bright colours that take up a huge % of the screen real estate for a mediocre goal of displaying your location seems to go against the goal. You need to see position at a glance but I think the bright blue crossed the line into the GUI taking over....

An example is when watching a film in the cinema, your eye is on the film but if you need to know where the exit is you can glance & see it directly....the lights are turned off & there is no huge arrow in bright blue pointing at the exit sign.. possibly a poor example lol but to my mind the cinema display is the holy grail to aim for regarding immersion.....which brings us to another concept of using the Garmin Edge for training metrics in order to clear the GUI of clutter...could all the data be sent to it via BT??

• I have reduced the size of the profile using Windows display settings.The profile is lower and ETA and bright blue fill in is not in my face all the time.I can see the grades in detail using the smaller detail profile and also still see colours on top of the main profile.The smaller widgets and profile are not taking over the film.