Play list and loops

The feature to stitch rides together and produce a playlist or loops of shorter favourite rides is long over due in TDA.

1. This would ideally link both courses & complete rides. That would enable you to build specific terrain based workouts.
    2.  the minimum would be simply linking any full ride that can be linked & have these somehow show up as full long rides in the menu.
    3. A good example would be the Marmotte which is 4 stages and includes star climbs like the Galibier & Alpe dHuez. If these are linked then suddenly in the Menu customers would see this wonderful long extremely well known route as a challenge. The same would happen for the other such as the 260km tour of Majorca & many many others that were filmed in one part & split as stages. 

4. For a DIY playlist I imagine it as Something like the favourites icon feature that you click for each course to create a list. That code is already there in all the apps.
    5. You should display the entire profile in the ride data screen, profiles here should actually be colour coded for grade so customers can actually see the difficulty and thus make a decision if to take it on.
    6. while riding ideally you would see the entire profile but then you would also need to introduce a new zoom feature for the course profile...being able to zoom in & out of the profile would mean you can happily remove both other profiles for grade & climb info. If you can zoom into say display either the climb or the next 1km you have in effect all the climb info you need & you then have a clean UI with more video ;-)
    7. saving the GPS data would link the data for routes like the Marmotte example, we would pre create a list of what rides are supposed to link together. If the playlist is custom then to avoid having a GPS path that spans the globe you would have to split the data, I would use an exception to only split the performance data if the Geo time is over 10km between the end & start of the next data set. The other option is to just remove GPS data for such files or just include it for the longest of the rides? 

There we go 

• I think that the inability to link GPX created courses is the biggest current missing feature issue.  This is especially true for people who want to both ride the course on the roads and in Tacx.  It is necessary to create rather short courses for use on Edge devices because, if you go off course (or it thinks you go off course), it can take a long time in the "recalculating route" phase (which all to frequently ends with "return to start", but that's another issue).  

But, within the Tacx system, it is actually preferable to have longer "complete" courses so that the entire ride is in one file.  The ability to continue an "unfinished" route also leans toward creating longer routes.  

I would love the ability to create the equivalent of the multi-stage movies using GPX files.  I would be glad to help write up the use case for this if that would be helpful

• The simple playlist should have been joining all films to save when you finish the distance completed and resume next session from that point.Instead of using Phil70 information in this post they chose to save the first film.Missed opportunity.

• I agree.  Having the ability to ride more than one route (in a series), it would be nice to allow the user to pre-select rides to link together.