World Map and film playlist

Improving MP and Challenges experience: 

- stage based Challenge;

- Challenge map:

so users can see it's last known location vs everyone else in the challenge

• Been some complain on the World Map on the app FB group,....would it be feasible to integrate it with Connect (may be a dedicate page under "training&planning") so even no Tacx users will have "access" to Tacx World discovering new routes and been aware of the eviroments/ecosystem? this will avoid fragmenting the app experience between mobile and Win versions

• Wouldnt that draw attention to Tacx Apps and trigger growth?

• Also, but from UX pov will work as a sort of "Zwift Companion" via TTA and/or Connect Mobile/web

• Totally agree. 

However, it's not just this that needs integrating with the Garmin Connect App. So much more could be done to enhance existing users usage and bring in more riders to the Tacx fold.

• would it be feasible to integrate it with Connect (may be a dedicate page under "training&planning") so even no Tacx users will have "access" to Tacx World discovering new routes and been aware of the eviroments/ecosystem? this will avoid fragmenting the app experience between mobile and Win versions

I needed it last week, but then decided I might as well just refilm the same roads if nobody can see a map they would never really know haha. 

If they do bring it back, then adding this to Garmin Connects Routing tab would be a utterly brilliant idea. It would introduce Tacx customers to Garmin Connect for the first time..that has to be good for Garmin?  On the flip side regular cyclists would see when planning their next cycling adventure using the Garmin maps that they can also perhaps visit these locations inside the Garmins own Tacx app?  All this needs to be is a layer of the GPS data even...probably a bit of a rabbit hole still, to be sure this layer was only visible when a cyclist selects Road cycling for example...it would need to be hidden to everyone else or it would be irritating to walkers etc.

• Thinking more on it...... maybe they could also start to explore moving the live maps to the connect app, the code for all this is already there with the 'Garmin Live Map'?   Would be cool to have all this on a seperate phone display, while riding the video. It would showcase all that great code in Connect if nothing else. 

• Another is probably too obvious, proper integration with an Edge from the App, so your able to access & use the near endless list of Edge widgets on your edge while riding up a virtual Tacx Ventoux for example? . To properly use the edge its vital that the Speed data is the virtual speed calculated already inside the App rather then any external speed sensor data. So all the data matches...if this happens, then you could have a completely clear screen of just the film for those that want to be properly immersed as if riding the real thing...then look down at your edge for your data (like the real world) & then glance to your smartphone & see where you are...perhaps to see how far ahead your opponents are or to make a note for visiting the real thing ;-) .  

Thinking more about the use of maps inside the App, to me if the world map is to vanish, then its probably vital to at least show a map for the playlists or challenges. Like a good example is the recent 8 stage 300km long Mallorca Challenge . As a cyclist I would probably want to know where all these stages go, especially if the challenge has been renamed to something very abstract like for example Paradise world. To see the route of the challenge, like you can see the route of say the Tour de France.... It could be they pulled the world map because newer routes overlap older ones, its become a bit cluttered... Like Mallorca now has two Grand Tours both heading different directions & with a decade between their ages.  The map does/did a dreadful job at separating these rides. 

The original 2013 Majorca Tour, now it would have a updated 2023 version filmed in 6K  going a different direction, on the same actual roads for some of it.

• I'd like to ask some of the Garmin brass "dude(ttes), hasnt a memo floated up that you've got gold in your hands. 
    You can make perfect integration happen. Let the TDA app feed off the wealth of data in the Connect platform, suggest rides based on goals, preferences, fitness, training curve etc etc. 

All these clients who have the watch, the edge, the tacx etc etc.. and then they pay for strava and zwift.. 
    10s of millions in annual revenue lost. 

But yeah.. 

• Ow yeah.. like having my HRV data in the workout saved.

I'd welcome that

• Ow yeah.. like having my HRV data in the workout saved.

if there was a way to export virtual speed from TacxApps via BT to the Edge then you could perhaps select to upload your performance data from the Edge to connect as if riding outside. You would have all the same metrics also. 

This all seems very obvious, Im sure they have all talked about this in depth, either there is a hardware reason that makes it impossible or it would be on some "Roadmap" .... although maps seem to be unpopular just now lol