TTS vs TDA

Genuine question. Why is Tacx Training Software so lacking in features compared to the Tacx Desktop App?

I've just seen a screenshot of TDA on Strava and it has way more features than TTS I've been using by the looks of it. Garmin state explicitly in multiple languages that you can determine pedal balance with the app: "Are you balanced? See pedal stroke stats on your app or Edge® bike computer" and "Bent jij in balans? Bekijk de pedaalslagstatistieken op je app of fietscomputer Edge®" but the TTS app does not record or display any information about pedal  balance. Bit naughty of Garmin there not to state only for PC.

In the TTS opponents are a waste of time, they are basically just circles on the profile track at the base of the screen. The TDA gives a little chart showing splits between you and riders either side according to the screen shot I've seen.

When my subscription expires I think I'll have trouble justifying continuing with the subscription if I have to use a second rate application compared to TDA users. I love the videos but I can't get the full training data from the app I'll look elsewhere.

• This was posted by Steve Coburn. For some reason the forum logged me in as a random number ???

• For some reason you used the abbreviation TTS instead of TTA.
    TTS (in particular TTS4) is a completely different program.

• Yep - my mistake. I used TTS for many years. - I was a beta tester for it through out its entire life span.

I am of course referring to the Tack Training App or Tack Mobile App depending upon where you look. Point still stands though - TDA looks far more feature rich then TTA in terms of data presented to the user. As TTA is being forced on to Mac users as well it does look as if TTA is the poor relation to TDA.

• I think the main reason for the retro styling of the UI while riding TTA is it designed primarily for a mobile phone display. Its first priority was to be something simple to use with your fingers & limited space. 

I don’t know why you can’t swipe right like with an Edge & see all your averages swipe again & see where the competition are, swipe the bottom profile & see for example just the climb (with the grades coloured so the profile is actually useful!!!!!!!!) swipe the profile again to display 1km ahead (with a few 100m behind to see any opponent’s) for a view that would be mostly used when the focus is other riders or while climbing…swipe top and bottom to clear the display like they have now. I would make everything separate & let the customer kind of create his perfect display by swiping haha 

it could have been incredibly cool as it’s made for fingers haha….

riding against opponents & past performances are glaringly missing, these were part of Tacx Software back in the dark ages…where I come from ;-)