This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

100% discharge in less than 12 hours after installing FW 4.1

Did anyone encounter a 100% discharge in less than 12 hours after installing FW 4.1?  I did!  Device updated, rebooted, charged to 100% and the next day (a bit less than 12 hours) in was off.  ZERO battery.  Before that I was using less than 10% battery a day (minimal device functions, no gps, no bluetooth, low screen & vibration, etc.).  I charged it again today to 100% percent and I will see how long that will last.  Anyone?

• I have the same issue, but it got worst after deleting the file. After less then 2 hours after i charged it, it was saying low battery, but i did nothing but stay in my room working on the computer. I admit that i saved the old file on my computer. Anyone from Garmin, can you please provide a more permanent solution for this issue? I find it hard to believe that just after one year since I purchased the device, the battery is going dead.

FW: 4.2

Model: Vivosport GPS Large Slate

Thanks.

• Third charge today... And all i did today is walk aprox. 800m. Really no solution?

• Hi! Can you do the following for me. 

• Plug the device into the computer and sync with Garmin Express
    • Once it's finished, unplug the device and an update may go through.
    • Please reset the device to defaults
    • This will start the watch from new. Please go to watch settings, system then reset to defaults.
    • Clean the contacts with rubbing alcohol
    • Please charge fully through the computer

Once these steps are completed, please test the device over the next 48 hours and report back how the battery has held up. We will then reevaluate from there.

• I admit that I did not reset the device. I fully charged it yesterday, 1st of November 2020, and the charge seems to hold (seems normal discharge). I will keep am eye on it over the next week and post a conclusion for my case.

Thanks.

• I’ve tried all these things, deleting the file, resetting device.  It still discharges after about 8 hours.  What more can I try?

• HI, I have been following your stets to fix the excessive battery consumption but it doesn't seem to make a difference. I notice in a previous post you recommend to reset to defaults as well. i have also tried this. please can you advise as to the next steps. my device had recently come back from repair/reconditioning and had 4.1 installed, it immediately updated to 4.2 which is where i think the issue began. (as per previous posts from other members) 

• How many GPS activities are you doing a week, how long are they? Have you cleaned the contacts and charge through a computer just yet?

• I do about 3 or 4 walks of 3 to 7 miles each week, using device GPS.   That's all I esy this GPS for as I use an Edge for cycling. I've cleaned contacts, charged from computer, deleted the file, reset device.  Fully charged at 7pm yesterday.  Fully discharged by 7am this morning.

• Thank you! Where are you located?