This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Blister bubble on Viosmart 4 band

My first Viosmart 4 blistered badly after 9 months. Garmin replaced it. Just noticed its happening again after about 6 months.

Any idea on the cause yet? A real shame as otherwise I am very happy with the device. Will they replace a second one?

• I have exactly the same problem. Less than a year after replacement I have a bubble again at the same spot.

I contacted Garmin in the Netherlands if the cause of this problem is already known or even solved. They did not respond to my question but stated they would replace it with a refurbished(!) product if I would send it in.

I rather contact the seller directly and het a new watch or a refund.

• Mine has not be replaced yet. It is about 9-10 months old. The bubble has been there for a while and is much worse than the picture above in the original post. I didn't complain because it hasn't effected the functionality of the product but now the bezel around the screen also popped off. I also find the SpO2 sensor to be very inaccurate. Very poor quality product. Coupled with the buggy app with lots of down time I wondering if it's not time to shop for a new tracker from a different brand.

• Eventually it will pop and an oily substance can come out. At least it will no longer be waterproof. 
    i hope the oily substance is not electrolyte. Garmin has said to some customers it is not dangerous, but they also do not tell us what it is or why this keeps happening.

• That's bizarre. Why is it filled with "an oily substance"?  Shouldn't this just be a plain rubber band?  It looks like the actually electronics are in their own separate casing attached to the band with screws.  Pretty poor design that this doesn't have clip on clip off replacement bands like fitbit and that damage to the rubber band destroys the whole device. 

• Given the bubble appears over the charging point is could be the battery reacting and leaking - not nice stuff!

Garmin.............any thoughts?

• That’s not a good thought. Would’ve hoped they would safely seal the battery inside the hard plastic casing that holds the screen and other electronics.

• No reply from support on this after almost two weeks!

• After 13 days Garmin writes saying they will do nothing and to contact the local authorized dealer.  The contact info they gave was wrong.  Could this company be any worse?

• Garmin Vivosmart 4 Band Bubble Defect

Same blister in the band and also the bezel popped off.

Seems like their strategy is to delay until they can say "ooops warranty expired".  

They seem to be using it as an excuse that I purchased this in an airport duty free shop and that I don't happen to live in the airport duty free zone as an excuse not to service it.  

• I have the same thing with the bezel. Underneath was a 2 cents glue.

I have received the same excuse from support sorry that bezel cannot be purchased separately you must replace the WHOLE band.

As I do not have a valid warranty I must trash the item or wear without pieces.

Super lame piece of hardware.