This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

SPO2 Night Tracking - Worse Than Nothing

After using the SPO2 tracking feature on the Vivosmart 4 for a number of months, it is now clear that the device is wildly inaccurate. When compared with a dedicated finger pulse oximeter, the Garmin data is extremely volatile and shows desats down to ~80% regularly. Garmin is entering dangerous territory by claiming this device can measure SPO2 at all. While they do make note that this device should not be used for medical diagnosis, erratic SPO2 data on these devices will inevitably do more harm than good as users assume the data can be interpreted at somewhere near face value. However, it is now clear that the SPO2 feature shouldn't be interpreted at all. This forum is already littered with users claiming very similar grievances. The feature, in many ways, is worse than no feature at all as long as it remains this inaccurate. 

• I agree with you! It's only a marketing feature Rage

• Just got back from a ski trip, so went from sea level to 9800 ft elevation.  My wife and I both have vivosmart 4's.  They both showed an immediate drop in our SpO2 levels, as expected, but hers seemed to be surprisingly low.... until we swapped bands.  Hers regularly reports 5-10% lower than mine, making them useless since we had no calibrated third option to use as a reference.  They both showed our levels going back up upon returning, but hers consistently measures too low at altitude for some reason.  At best it's good to tell you hey, your level is lower or higher than normal, but knowing by how much seems impossible.

• I have used the vivos hmart 4 and 5 bot only track for a small portion of the night. both have been a disappointment in the feature.