This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Pulse Ox Not Recording during Sleep

The Pulse Ox only recorded the first night worn during sleep. Has not recorded since then even though the Sleep Tracking option is on under the Pulse Ox menu. The Vivosmart 4 is worn above the wrist bone and is fully charged as instructed in the app.
  • Already on that setting. I think the latest software update may fix it. I did not get to try it last night as I did not get an uninterrupted sleep cycle.
  • Yes, I have set the "preferred activity tracker" to vivosmart4. I'm not quite sure, but I always turn off the Bluetooth on my phone device when I go to sleep. Is it a factor, which may cause this issue?
  • I upgraded the firmware to the latest version, 2.5 and my VS4 still did not record Pulse Ox during sleep. Did the new firmware fix this issue for anyone who experienced this before?
  • I have NOT yet received the update of the firmware. I'll update here after I get it upgraded.
  • I noticed that the device was emitting red light during sleep. That means it's monitoring the Sleep Pulse Ox. However, the data is NOT synced to the Garmin Connect, or NOT showed up on it.
  • In order to record the SpO2, you need to have a very tight fit of the vivosmart 4 to your wrist!!! Otherwise, Garmin Connect will show nothing, even you see the flash of the red light. You can always test if you have a good fit by measuring an instant SpO2.

Mine Pulse Ox works fine. The data is shown in Garmin Connect. However, SpO2 night readings often tend lower that could be from in-prefect fit or movement.
  • Thanks for the suggestion.

In fact, I can measure the instant SpO2 manually. I'll try it again per as your suggestion.
  • I discovered a way to enable the VS4 to record Pulse Ox during sleep. I updated the Normal Bed/WakeTime in the User Setting in Garmin Connect under Device. I set the Bed Time 2 hours later than normal and now the Pulse Ox records. It was trying to record Pulse Ox before my bed time so either the VS4 software had a glitch in it or the bed time was set too early.
  • I discovered a way to enable the VS4 to record Pulse Ox during sleep. I updated the Normal Bed/WakeTime in the User Setting in Garmin Connect under Device.
    Yes. Good point. Garmin needs that to setup a four hour recording windows.

• This only started working after I downsized to the smaller band (I am very close inbetween the small and large band).

Then set the tightness to be just about pushing into skin (meaning you see a slight indentation after a day or so).

The sensor for me has to be exactly in the middle of my arm past the wrist bone.

Also definitely make sure you set the CORRECT sleeping time. You may have accidentally set 12pm instead of 12am (midnight).