This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Huge battery drain after firmware update to 2.63

Before the update battery drain was in line with the specification and battery last to me about 4/5 days.

Now after update to 2.63 battery drain is about 10% every 2 hours.

Does anybody experienced the same issues?

• Glad I’m not the only one who’s facing this issue. They should really release a patch to fix the battery drain. Now I need to charge the watch every day when I could usually get 2-3 days on a single charge.

• I Add some informations. I reset the clock and I went to sleep with 77% battery level and when I waked up after 8 hours with no pulse OX the battery in 24%. Lost more than 50% during the night with no pulse ox and notifications. Please fix the problem as soon as possible because the watch is currently unusable.

• Currently experiencing the same problem. Lost around 60% in one day when the usual is around 20%. Currently have pulse ox off

• Yep, dead within 20 hours. I'm at my wits end with it, this watch was so expensive on my budget. 

• I solved the problem by disconnecting the watch with the smartphone and making a new pairing.
    Now the battery is again 20% per day to me.

• Same for me. Resetting the device and reconnecting seemed to fix it last night but this morning it's back to rapid drain again.

• Same here on Vivomove Sport, I have had to charge my batter every single day since the update to keep it from completely dying. Why has there been zero response to this by Garmin?

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 1 year ago

I have exactly the same issue… 4-5 days of battery life was possible with the previous software version 2.50. Now, it‘s more like 2 days without changing any settings with the update to version 2.63. Please fix this GARMIN

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 1 year ago in reply to Former Member

I have exactly the same issue… 4-5 days of battery life was possible with the previous software version 2.50. Now, it‘s more like 2 days without changing any settings with the update to version 2.63. Please fix this GARMIN. Right now it’s not possible to reach 5 days of battery life like promised in the advertisement. My notifications are off, PulsOxy is off…

• I think I found a possible solution to the problem. I let the battery run out completely and then charged it again to 100 after that the battery drain stopped and the watch is back to normal. Hopefully that works for everybody else.