This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin Vivomove Style contantly freezes after try to pay

Hi. I don't have good results with garmin support. But I am continuing trying...(I am a idiot)

Beyond the problem to wakeup without need to touch display, like some vibrations as run motorcycle, bycecle, etc that garmin do nothing, this watch have contstants freezes after try to pay anything. After freezes, it do nothing! Do not accept touch, don´t move hands, nothing, like dead! The watch only return to work after put it in charge cable and I need to align hands again. 

This is a fantastic hardware develop, but the software... kkkkkk 

Is it possible to active an "watchdog" to restart the "system" when it freezes?

Software informations: SW 4.00; TSC 2.70; SNS 7.00; NET 2.00

This is the image after freeze:

+

• Mine does the same. Freezes the watch every time I try to use it to pay. The watch is then useless until I take it home and plug it in again when it recovers - but only until the next time. Does this make it not fit for purpose since it is an advertised feature? Please fix this and publish the resolution. Can we take any action regarding this? Replacement watch?

• Bought my watch on Sunday (15 Oct 2023), tried to use it the first time for paying today. Didn't work. Then checked it and it was bricked. Found this forum and I'm very surprised to see this has been going on for years with no fix out yet, and even more so that the watch is advertised with a function that apparently doesn't work.

Hope the Garmin team will give this some attention. Some colleagues were checking out the new watch, which wasn't even showing the time, so great commercial :D

Great watch though but a bit disappointed reading this thread. I see there was a reply 6 months ago, so let's see, hope dies last.

• When did this issue first start? --> 17 Oct 2023, 2 days after purchase, first time trying to pay
    • How often does this occur? --> only tried it once, froze immediately
    • Does this occur when the battery is fully charged? --> the battery was around 85% charged
    • Does the device freeze when you bring up the wallet and it is not near a terminal? --> no, so far it has only happened near a terminal. Checked out the payment option when setting up the watch, the freeze did not occur then
    • May we have permission to email you? --> yes, [email protected]
    • May we, if necessary, have permission to view/access your Garmin Connect account? --> yes
    • In what country do you live? --> Hungary (seems to be an issue for other Hungarians as well, as I see, I tried it with a card of OTP Bank)
  • Mine has done this since I got it well over a year ago. I suggest you exchange it for a different model whilst you are still in the time frame to reject it.

Unless of course you simply can't part with this watch because of other features as this one is unlikely to be fixed.

• Dear Garmin support team, 
    there are several indications in this forum thread that people in and around Hungary seem to be impacted in high numbers.

I think this is a very strong clue to start the investigation on, you'd "only" need to dedicate some engineering hours looking into this. My strong gut feeling is that this has to do something with the way some terminals are set up around here. (I'm using mine with a card issued in Denmark, and I never had problems outside of Hungary; but in this country the freeze happens on around 20% of purchases)

As before, I'm happy to assist an investigation... you have my email address from before...

• I'm in England and it is happening to me all the time.

• The payment feature results in randon lockups, for me its at a rate of about 1 in 3 of each time its used. I've stopped using it. Its clear Garmin are unwilling/unable to fix this and are just hiding in hope we all go away. I had thought them a reputable company but now I just advise others to avoid them.

• the same. is there a chance to fix it?

• I have noticed that this happens mostly after pin insert and instantly adding watch to paying device. But if I wait like 10-20 seconds after pin insert, and only then paying, it does not freeze.

• Okay Lieliskais. I'd given up on this but I will give it another go doing what you suggest and report back.