This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

my wrist hurts

First of all, I love the way the vivomove hr looks and works.. now second.. Am I extremely sensitive or what? The watch hurts when i put it on. Like a dull but very annyoing and unbearable pain. It goes on and of. I’ve experienced stuff like that before, years ago I tried a wacom pen. I couldn’t handle it.. instant pain. Is this caused by the bluetooth of other radiation? Just to be certain (which I already am, but I would hate to return the watch!) I am wearing it on the other wrist now..

does anyone recognize this? The hurt inside your wrist ?
  • Just curious, do you have any metal implant?
     My wrist is having some pain and I wonder if it is the vivosmart.  However, I did not have any issue with wearing the viviosmart until I had a broken ankle with hardware implanted to secure the break.
    I am wondering if the ankle hardware is having a cross reaction.

• I got to the bottom of it. Apparently I have a rare (but known about) reaction to the nickel in the battery. It sends a tingling/pain/ache sensation through my arm up into my shoulder. 

• Thanks for your update.
    It is good to know that you have an allergy to nickel causing your pain.

I am going to get tested for nickel soon (and other metals in the ankle implant). So far my ankle surgeon claims that he has never had a patient that was allergic to metal.

• I have this problem too it's definitely the watch

• I apologize you are experiencing this issue. We would like to further investigate this. Can you please call or email into our support. 18008001020. support.garmin.com 

• I just got the garmin 645 music - been wearing for 5 days. I upgraded from a garmin forerunner that is over 15 yrs old and I am experiencing this same phenomenon. I never went to a fitbit and this is my first foray into this type of watch. I googled it to be sure its what I think it is and found this forum. It feels just like described here, a tens machine on the top of my wrist. Its a slight painful feeling, almost hot? or maybe its the pricking making it seem that way. Its under the watch display. Its noticeable and I adjusted the watch to be sure it was it, took it off and back on and same thing happens when on, but not when off. I'm bummed out guys, this was so exciting but not worth it to me.

• I sent my watch back. I now have a second hand Forerunner 35 which I just put in when training. Haven’t even tried leaving it on for any length of time. Same I was gutted to have to send my watch back but not worth the stress. 

I never did get a call back from Garmin. 

• Yes, and up my whole arm to my shoulder.. I never got this resolved either.  I got my Garmin through a work rewards program so I think I'm stuck with it. I work in science field and would really like to know what process is happening.  I find it hard to believe that they don't know. 

• Yep, and up my arm to my shoulder.  I never got it resolved.  Mine was a recognition gift at work so probably can't be replaced. I can't believe they don't know what's going on.

• Hello! I apologize you are experiencing this and we certainly want to get this resolved. Have you contacted Garmin support yet? If not, please let me know so we can put you in touch with the right support.