This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Incorrect time

Hi all,

Just bought a Vívomove HR and the time on the watch is completely wrong.
I did try to sync it, the time is on automatic.
What do I do wrong?

Top Replies

All Replies

• Hi I had the same problem but I solved it by doing the following. Going on your PC to Garmin Connect account and login. Go to Profile & account, then setting, then display preferences. Look for box that says Upload Time Zone and if in UK it needs to be on (GMT) Western European Time. And mine worked fine after I did this. Hope this helps.

I tried that but it made no difference. Weird thing was all of my activities were logging on Connect at the right time but digital & analog watch was exactly 6 hours out. I used the Garmin online chat help and they advised setting manually - which I did, and all good so far. It's a bit of a faff getting to the right place on the watch menu system to set time manually but got there in the end
  • I've just received my HR after waiting for stock and eagerly went to set it up. All seemed well, watch hands even went to the correct time but the digital time was 6hours behind. My watch is correctly syncd with my iPhone 5s. To cut to the chase I solved the problem by changing the time zone on my iPhone to Paris (GMT+1) forcing a sync from the garmin app (which set both watch hands and digital time to Paris time, then changing the iPhone time zone back to GMT and syncing the app again. All is good so far.
  • Recalibration DOES work. Pardon the pun, but "time will tell" for how long it actually stays in sync. My guess is that the watch has a difficult "time" keeping in sync due to the hands being moved every "time" the watch is moved to view the digital screen. The best fix is to build in an automatic calibration when the watch syncs with garmin connect.
  • Hello everyone,

I experienced the same issue for a few days and was thinking about returning the watch. Nevertheless, after trying a couple of options this is what worked for me:

1) Changed the time zone in my phone to a different one manually (I chose Tokyo since it's close to my current time zone)
    2) Synced my watch and phone.
    3) Changed the time zone to my local one manually (Sydney)
    4) Synced my watch and phone again.
    5) Changed time zone settings to automatic.

So far the watch has been working fine for a couple of weeks without having to sync-it all the time or being in constant communication with my phone.

I think it's important to mention that my wife bought the watch in Australia and brought it to Europe for our vacations since it was a birthday gift for me. So, the first time I synced the watch I was in Europe and then brought it to Australia after a few weeks (I didn't notice any issues when in Europe because I couldn't find a proper screen protector and wasn't using it because of that), so changing the time zones could've caused the annoying issue.

Btw, this link mentioned you should resync after changing time zones which I did but the issue occurred anyway: https://www8.garmin.com/manuals/webh...A5BF0EB27.html
  • Hello everyone,

I experienced the same issue for a few days and was thinking about returning the watch. Nevertheless, after trying a couple of options this is what worked for me:

1) Changed the time zone in my phone to a different one manually (I chose Tokyo since it's close to my current time zone)
    2) Synced my watch and phone.
    3) Changed the time zone to my local one manually (Sydney)
    4) Synced my watch and phone again.
    5) Changed time zone settings to automatic.

So far the watch has been working fine for a couple of weeks without having to sync-it all the time or being in constant communication with my phone.

I think it's important to mention that my wife bought the watch in Australia and brought it to Europe for our vacations since it was a birthday gift for me. So, the first time I synced the watch I was in Europe and then brought it to Australia after a few weeks (I didn't notice any issues when in Europe because I couldn't find a proper screen protector and wasn't using it because of that), so changing the time zones could've caused the annoying issue.

Btw, this link mentioned you should resync after changing time zones which I did but the issue occurred anyway: https://www8.garmin.com/manuals/webh...A5BF0EB27.html

Nevermind. It failed again, so I'm returning it since it can't be used as what it is supposed to be...a watch.
  • So does this happen to everyone or is it just for some devices? Mine constantly gets out of sync after a few days.
    Is there a solution?
  • gchris7 how long have you had the watch ? I have had mine for 2 weeks and time is fine. If it strats messing up after a month, I may want to return it before that happens.
  • Its my wife's watch so im not 100% sure but I think this started happening after a few months of use, not right away.
    I think the more you use the touch screen the more the time gets out of sync.
  • Thanks. If this is a known issue, i may want to return it. Do not want to have a $200 watch that does not show the time.
  • Thanks. If this is a known issue, i may want to return it. Do not want to have a $200 watch that does not show the time.

I returned mine and encourage everybody with the same issue to do so, this is a watch that doesn't show the right time...useless.