This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Incorrect time

Hi all,

Just bought a Vívomove HR and the time on the watch is completely wrong.
I did try to sync it, the time is on automatic.
What do I do wrong?

Top Replies

All Replies

• to help with distance accuracy, there is a custom stride length tool which can be used, in GCM. If you can try that first, it might help bring the discrepancy down. However, a GPS device will naturally be better.
  • Former Member
    0 Former Member over 6 years ago
    I don't think the step problem had anything to do with wearing two devices at the same time; my other Garmin was just fine. I was in touch with Garmin support about the not keeping time thing, and it turns out it is a software issue that they are aware of. Probably something to do with programming the hands to move back to where they are supposed to be, since the digital display time is correct, and it is only the hands which are off. I was told their engineers are working on it, but they have no timeline for the fix. I was told that if I exchanged the watch, there was no guarantee that the new one wouldn't do the same thing. Fairly major glitch if a watch won't display the correct time...... They asked a ton of questions--what type of phone was I linking it to, what IOS version was the phone running, what software version of Garmin connect was I running on the phone, what software version was I running on the watch, what version of the Garmin app was I using on my computer, was I sync-ing the watch to the computer or the phone, how charged up was the watch when the time screwed up, what was I doing at the time, etc etc etc.

Anyway, since they indicated it was a software problem and they had no timeline for the fix and no guarantee it wouldn't happen again with a new watch, I sent it back for a refund. IF they get the glitch sorted out I would buy another one, as it is a very nice looking watch and has the features I like. Except telling time.........
  • Hi I had the same problem but I solved it by doing the following. Going on your PC to Garmin Connect account and login. Go to Profile & account, then setting, then display preferences. Look for box that says Upload Time Zone and if in UK it needs to be on (GMT) Western European Time. And mine worked fine after I did this. Hope this helps.
  • Hi I had the same problem but I solved it by doing the following. Going on your PC to Garmin Connect account and login. Go to Profile & account, then setting, then display preferences. Look for box that says Upload Time Zone and if in UK it needs to be on (GMT) Western European Time. And mine worked fine after I did this. Hope this helps.

Same problem but above only half worked.
    As it was 6 hours exactly behind I just adjusted it to GMT +6, which turned out to be Russian time zone...lol

Major problem that needs immediate sorting GARMIN!

• Exactly the same problem here - 6+ hrs out. I put myself in Russia (as above) but the watch didn't update in syncing. Have now set it manually and we'll see what happens in the days ahead. Agreed - this is very poor - a watch manufacturer selling a watch that doesn't show the time!
  • I just wanted to add a reply here.
    Had this incorrect hands this morning but i ve had this fast fixed. From the watch manual hands calibration put both of them to 12:00 hour. Make sure ur time update is also set to auto.
  • If it's your watch hands that are off, the quick fix is posted here: http://www8.garmin.com/manuals/webhelp/vivomovehr/EN-US/GUID-B0403B71-622F-46E1-BD61-939200B0834F.html
    [h=1]Calibrating the Watch Hands[/h]
    • Hold the touchscreen to view the menu.
    • Select  >  > Calibrate Hands.
    • Tap  or  until the minute hand points to the 12 o'clock position.
    • ... (forum only allows 4 images, so I'll stop here - full instructions at the Garmin Help link above)
  • Received my Vivomove HR yesterday and also having the time issue. So called "tech support" claimed that they had never heard if this issue... when I said that it was a bit of a fail having a watch that can't tell the time the chat was terminated with "have a nice day". The customer service is actually worse than the device....
  • If it's your watch hands that are off, the quick fix is posted here: http://www8.garmin.com/manuals/webhelp/vivomovehr/EN-US/GUID-B0403B71-622F-46E1-BD61-939200B0834F.html
    [h=1]Calibrating the Watch Hands[/h]
    • Hold the touchscreen to view the menu.
    • Select  >  > Calibrate Hands.
    • Tap  or  until the minute hand points to the 12 o'clock position.
    • ... (forum only allows 4 images, so I'll stop here - full instructions at the Garmin Help link above)

I am doing this approximately once an hour....
  • It's actually quite funny now... was consistent for about an hour last night then woke up with it 25 minutes behind... what are the chances of getting one that works if I return this one for an exchange rather than refund....?