This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

vivoactive 3 SW 7.40 is live

This update can be downloaded with Garmin Express or automatically with Garmin Connect Mobile pending rollout. 

Change Log

• Connect IQ fixes and improvements
  • I can’t use my watch because draining battery is extreme. My watch is 2 and a half years, contacted Garmin support the solution was a refurbished unit(100€+shipping) I don’t accept it. Plenty of people in the same situation since last update. This looks like a case of technological obsolescence.  

• I called up Garmin Support and they instructed me to remove folders from the phone to see if that will resolve the battery drain issue.  5 days later I called back to let them know it did not fix the issue.  They issued me a replacement device and instructed me to return my old vivoactive 3 by mail.  Fast forward to Tuesday, I received my refurbished vivoactive 3. It automatically updated to the SW 7.40 after 24 hours and I have not seen the quick battery drain issue yet.  Crossing fingers that this refurbished device worked. 

• Is there any charge for the replacement ?

• I paid for Priority Shipping via US Postal Service $7.50  .  The replacement device was free.  

• Thats not bad..... i don't understand why there is no option to disable auto update.. sounds like anytime if there is a new release in future it possibly can mess up battery life and no way to roll back either..

• This update destroyed my battery life.

Battery drain is up to 10% per hour. Dies within a day with all widgets removed, hr tracking and Bluetooth all completely off!

No response from Garmin from anywhere acknowledging the problem. Completely ridiculous.

• This update ruined my VA3, now it randomly vibrates every time during an outdoor activity, the ONLY way to stop the annoying vibration is to turn off the vibrate mode setting, which is actually not the fix for this issue. its annoying and drains the battery QUICKLY.

• > No response from Garmin [...]

What did Garmin Support say when you contacted them?

The company doesn't offer product support through these forums, as much as we might wish that they did.

-- Pete

• I finally managed to get a replacement.  During my chats to  Garmin they said they'd not had any issues reporting, so get sending them support emails everyone.  I had a pretty old VA3 and there must have been something that the software update and hardware clashed with, because the new one burns no battery at all.

• as was in the previous model V.ivoactive HR and in the first firmware on VA3)