This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Battery drain

My Garmin vivo 3 battery lasts maybe 7 hours. It also has difficulty tapping on even when it is charged. Do I replace the battery? Is this a potential class action as happened to Apple for their batteries? Sounds like planned obsolescence to me. It has gotten quickly worse over the course of the last month or so. Nothing helps. I am very disappointed in this. I bought one for Christmas for my brother and he is having the same problem. His is only a few months old. Shoddy product. 

• I have wondered the same thing about the GPS usage; when mine got down to only 1 day of battery I was convinced I'd never be able to get through a GPS run, but a 40 min GPS run doesn't seem to use much more battery than it used to and I got the same 24-25 hours between charges as a day that I had no activities. 

I started the process with support and someone replied yesterday who seemed to think he could fix the issues by accessing my connect account.  He asked for permission to access my connect account and wanted to know what phone I have.  I gave him permission so I'm waiting to hear back.  If it is indeed a corrupt update file as I've seen suggested maybe he will be able to fix the issue... fingers crossed!

• Please share what happens with the rest of us :)

• The same is happening to mine! Since last update, from a week to 24h battery life! 

• The same issue. Last week the battery start dies only in 1 day.

The fatory reset and disconnect all notifications from mobile phone doesn't solve the problem.

I think it was started after last update but i don't know what it was because the fw version into my watch is 7.20 at least 2 mounths.

Before that the battery got 6 days between charges. My ativities keep the same.

• Same thing here. Lasted 5 days. Now about 30 hours

• Unfortunately he was unable to fix my battery issue and also determined the barometer is faulty since I have recorded 0 stairs since the beginning of March.  I am getting another exchange since the barometer is faulty so even with a day of battery the watch is not functioning properly. He did have me delete old watches from my Connect profile, as he said that seemed to be keeping it from installing some type of updates and once I did all updates cleared; I plan to make sure there are no watches installed and turn on physio tru up when I sync the new one just in case this caused some sort of issue that led to the battery issues.

• Same on mine. Lasted 5 days. Now about 30 hours

• This is very frustrating. Has anyone seen any feedback and does garmin look at these threads? Does this count as official bug feedback or should we all log tickets? 

• As mentioned I've also had this same issue, so I contacted Garmin, who asked me do reset, change settings etc. It didn't work, so they have now replaced my watch with a refurbished one and so far so good. As we speak I've had it on for nearly 2 and a half days and and still have 65%. So back on track for 6/7 days usage.

I was convinced before and still am it was a software issue. 

But for what's its worth here's my current software versions:

SW - 7.20

GPS version - 2.50

TSC version - 2.10

Sensor Version - 6.60

WHR version - 20.03.31

Connect IQ - 3.1.6

I don't know what versions I had on my faulty watch, but it would be interesting to know from people here. 

• I have exactly the same SW-Versions, mine lasts for 6h. Refurbishing seems to do the trick, I contacted support about it. How old was your previous watch? Mine is a bit more than 2 years old.