This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Battery drain

My Garmin vivo 3 battery lasts maybe 7 hours. It also has difficulty tapping on even when it is charged. Do I replace the battery? Is this a potential class action as happened to Apple for their batteries? Sounds like planned obsolescence to me. It has gotten quickly worse over the course of the last month or so. Nothing helps. I am very disappointed in this. I bought one for Christmas for my brother and he is having the same problem. His is only a few months old. Shoddy product. 

• Around 20 months...  

• and here is jow a company investigates and replies to issues

https://community.bose.com/t5/Around-On-Ear-Headphones/Bose-QC-35-Firmware-4-5-2-Noise-Cancellation-Investigation/td-p/285738#anoverview

if nothing else allow a downgrade as Bose does

• I recently had what seems to be a very common issue where the battery life suddenly went from around 5-6 days, to barely 2 days, almost overnight.  I spent a heap of time looking in various forums like this one, trying various things to try and give my VA 3 a kickstart to improve the battery life.  Nothing worked.

I then contacted Garmin Support Australia, expecting the worst having seen some pretty bad feedback about how helpful they were.  I was on hold less than 2 minutes, and then spoke to a support person, who was very accommodating.  In less than 10 minutes I was told my watch would be replaced (upgraded to a VA 4 as the VA is now discontinued).  In around 2 weeks I had my new watch, after having sent the old dead one back to Garmin in Sydney.

I was very happy and impressed with the service Garmin provided, they were very responsive, attentive and dealt with the issue really well.

I should add that my watch was still under warranty (just).  So had this happened 2 months later the outcome may have been different.

Hope this helps someone! :)

• With the exception of the GPS version, my current settings are the same.  I had 85% charge when I went to sleep at 10:30pm  last night and awoke to a completely dead watch this morning with 0% battery.  Based on my Connect sleep tracking, it appears to have died around 5am.  

• FWIW, I have only ever charged the device on a low power USB port on computer. I don't trust any marshmallows as they can slowly decrease the number of useful cycles on Lion and Lipo batteries. This includes quick chargers, random phone chargers, and power banks.

• Same here! Happened since the last update!

• Same problem. 30 hours of work. Resetting and uninstalling all applications does not help.

• I have the same problem. Battery life deteriorated rapidly in last 3 monthts... From 4 days to 2 days,but last week it doesn't hold even 30hours. I did a factory reset but nothing changed. I bought va3 in Oct 2017 so it's out of warranty for sure. What's the cost for garmin to fix this? Who to talk to as local service center seems closed in corona times... 

• No cost. Mine was out of warranty, but garmin didn't ask for proof of purchase or when it was purchased. They just wanted the serial number off the back of the watch. Replaced it with a refurbished one. Like new now and lasting over a week. Top service from Garmin! 

• Ditto. Sudden plunge in battery life and interactive precision over the past 2 to 3 months. Bought mine in late 2018. Zero rationale for this. So annoyed.