This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Upgraded from 6.60 to 6.90 - Battery Drain still an issue

Just upgraded from 6.60 to 6.90 and wanted to report that battery drain is still a problem.

I've reset the watch and I'm losing about 10% an hour.

This does not feel good.

• Same issue here, very disappointed come on Garmin sort it out! Great watch but now having to charge twice daily & quickly running out of patience. 

If this is a commercial tactic to get users to buy the VA4 then it's quite frankly pathetic and I will boycott all Garmin products in future

• Same issue here, very disappointed come on Garmin sort it out! Great watch but now having to charge twice daily & quickly running out of patience. 

If this is a commercial tactic to get users to buy the VA4 then it's quite frankly pathetic and I will boycott all Garmin products in future

• I thought I was in the clear because after the 6.60 update I had no change in battery drain.  My watch updated to 6.90 at 5 am this morning.  I was at 40%.  By 9 am, the watch was dead. 

• Check using a simple watch face without too many metrics or details. Choose the one which doesn't refresh very often 

• Check using a simple watch face without too much of details. Choose a one that doesn't refresh every second 

• I have exact same problem but only since upgrading to 6.90 (not sure what I was on before). No other changes on watch and I've got from needs charge up 1-2 times a week to now in the last 12 hours its lost 50% of battery overnight with no usage at all. The product is basically broken. I'll try raising a ticket but Garmin need to sort this out asap.

• Just been on support chat with garmin: "there are a few reports regarding the battery issue, the issue is on a small section of the devices which we are investigating, but the quickest process for yourself would be for us to replace the device". So I am now RMA's it and awaiting a refurbishment replacement, it says 10-14 business days... Annoying as my watch was working. It is out of warranty I assume (18m old), although clearly the hardware is fine as it was OK before their upgrade...

• Mine updated 5 hours ago and is now dropping battery like a stone !! GARMIN THIS IS CRAP ! NOT HAPPY !! No I am not running anything I wasn't running before. SORT IT U IDIOTS ! 

• i Resolve my drain battery problem by turn off the Bluetooth

• Making it...not a smartwatch - good to know but not really the answer, just want the product I bought to work as intended!