This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Vivoactive 3 battery drain s/w 6.60 problem

Hello,After the 6.60 software update my vivoactive 3 battery, discharged  quickly and the watch turned off for less than 12 hours.

Garmin how to corrige that ?

• I have the same issue software 6.60, battery lasts like 14 hours without any activity, now I need to charge daily and before each activity.  It's so annoying.  Please fix or rollback.   Is there any way to go back to a previous firmware version?

• The battery life of my Vivoactive 3 is just fine on 6.60, so not all users are impacted. It might be that only a very small fraction of owners are impacted.

It's possible for a 3rd-party apps, widget, or watchface to impact battery life. I'd update any that aren't the latest release, and perhaps try removing some of them. 

I've found it best to telephone Garmin support.  It's been my experience over many years and many different products that a phone call quickly connects me with a person who is knowledgeable on the product and has the authority to help. (I'm in the USA, and always call during regular business hours.) Other ways of contacting Garmin support, such as online chat or email, haven't been nearly as satisfying.

BTW, I have encountered several cases where Garmin had logged few if any reports of an issue, despite much discussion of it in these user-to-user forums. By calling Support I've been able to formally report the issue and be added to a list of people to be notified when the issue is resolved.

-- Pete

• I've had the same problem for the last month since 6.60 was installed. Reported to Garmin at the time, but they have yet to come up with anything worthwhile.

15 Aug I received this...

"This issue has been escalated with are team in the US, that are working hard at find a resolution for this issue" 

Still waiting. I am now in the process of getting a refund as it's within 2 year warranty. Had enough of this.

• My vivoactive 3 music, after 4 months of use began losing almost a complete charge overnight whilst switched off. Plus it had started to develop serious delays connecting  with gps. No additional software installed, nothing to trigger this, it updated itself via my WiFi, only on SW 4.5. Garmin support was useless, offering me NOH (basically second hand overhauled) but luckily I had purchased via Argos (UK) and was able to return it as it's faulty and get a refund. I've since called Garmin, and again got absolutely nowhere regards this issue. My battery went from lasting approximately a week even being left switched on, to almost nothing overnight from a 100% charge. I think I'll be looking to spend my money elsewhere..for my vehicle navigation system too..

• I have same problem with my Vivoactive 3

• I've had the same problem since 6.60 as well!   My watch battery went from lasting 5-6 days to lasting < 24 hours.  I don't want to sink any more money into this watch, despite that I use it every day and am very pleased with its features and durability (except perhaps the battery longevity).

• Just another bit of info though -- When 6.60 rolled out, my battery life only dipped from 5-6 days to exactly 3 days.   It's steadily and rapidly degraded to the point that it's lasting < 24 hours now.   At first, I did think it was the update that triggered the issue.  But due to the rapid decline in close proximity to when they are expected to announce the successor to the VA3, I assume that we are near the end-of-life of the batteries in these watches, and that might be the issue.

• Yes, i have reset my watch and remove all the watch faces and widgets. Despite that, the battery still drains like crazy. It will gone flat within 36hrs, which used to last me about 5 days before the firmware 6.60 update. This is totally unacceptable! Garmin just screwed up my watch!!!

If they can't fix it fast, they should just rollback to the previous firmware first. This is such an agonizingly pain for some users, even it only affects a few of us!  

• I am gonna say this for everyone who has issues with new firmware on Garmin watches. Its almost never a Garmin fault unless it affect most devices. My V3 is totally fine with 6.60. Previously any problems i had on V3 and Fenix 3HR that i had before were always related to watch faces, widgets, data fields or any 3rd party app. Basically the watch update itself and bcs you have some 3rd party thingy on your watch, that doesnt agree with the new firmware, there is an issue now. Factory reset to original firmware version is required and dont let the watch connect to your phone or computer. Once you do that and everything works fine, remove every single 3rd party app, watch face etc from your garmin connect, express, there must be nothing left. Now connect to computer and download 6.60 from garmin support page. Dont install anything extra for time being , before you see your battery draining issue fixed. If its fixed fine, if not send it to Garmin for replacement or refund, end of story. 

• I don’t have any third party apps or watch faces on my device, and now I have the same battery drain issue as everyone else after it updated to 6.60 yesterday. Clearly a Garmin issue since this is the only variable that’s changed on my device.