This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Replacing Vivoactive 3 battery?

Questions:

How long will the rechargable battery inside the watch last?

If my warranty expires and my battery stops holding a charge how much does it cost to get garmin to replace it?

I want to purchase a vivoactive 3 but I don't really want to drop $200 in a watch that only lasts as long as its rechargable battery unless if that rechargable battery lasts a really long time.

Thanks

• Call Garmin and ask them.

• My VA1 is still going strong bought in December 2015. My FR301 is 15 years old and still holds a charge. My FR305 battery died after about 10 years.

Rule of thumb is about 1,000 recharge cycles for a battery like this. If you charge every 3 to 5 days, that's about 10 years or more.

• My Vivoactive 3 is about 16 months old and now needs daily charging, twice if I use it on a run (before and after).  Often it dies in the middle of the night.  Trying to get the battery replaced.  Not an easy thing.  :(

• My Vivoactive 3 is about 16 months old.  I now have to charge the battery every day; twice if I use it on a run (before and after).  Even so, the battery often dies in the middle of the night.  Trying to get the battery replaced ... not an easy thing to do.  :(

• Mine is 18 months old and the same thing. This problem happened suddenly. Now must charge every night.  Uses half the battery on a 3 hour ride. This is my third watch I've had trouble with. Spent too much money on Garmin. Going to replace it with some one else's watch. 

• My vivoactive 3 is only 18 months old and it has the same problem. I went through all of the steps they told me to fix it but it still uses half of the battery life just on my wrist overnight and half of the battery life on a 3-hour bike ride. This is my third Vivo active product and my last I will replace it with some other brand!

• My garmin vivoactive 3 was relay good but after 15 months a have to charge it every night i can't run a marathon even 30 km.

Any one can help with a video how we can replace the battery.

The battery is available on the internet the cost is 18 USD. 

Thanks in advance 

Youssef

• I have the same problem. What is the web site to buy the battery?

• Before you buy it make sure who to replace it Garmin can provide it or aliexpress

• Before you look to replace the battery talk to Garmin Support. I had the same thing happen to me after 16 months. Overnight i could only get 1 dat out of it. I phoned them and they had me try a couple of things. That didn’t work so they sent me a refurbished watch. I now get 5-6 days out of it. It’s worth the call