This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Watchband Pin falls out often

Anyone having trouble with the watchband pin falling out repeatedly?
  • I have had mine a week and no issues with the pins yet.  The band itself barely fits on my wrist.  Looking for a longer one.

• I've never had the watchband pin fall out. You could contact Garmin to see if they will provide a replacement. If that fails, you can get replacement watchbands on Amazon very cheap, they usually come with pins.

• I have never had the band that came with my VA3 pop off but I did get a band from Amazon and quit using it as twice it popped off while on the treadmill.  I suspect it use an inferior quality pins.  I switched back to the original band and have been reluctant to try anything else as it has never given me problems.

One does need to make sure the pins are fully seated.  Also check that the little metal cups in the pin sockets are still in place - these have been reported to come dislodged and require a replacement watch.

• Are you using the original band? I was going to get another one, but the company that made them said they had a lot of issues with Garmin watches (particularly VA3 and VA3 music) because the actually slot is slightly bigger (more like 20.5 mm?). I ended up getting a 245 music band directly from Garmin and that fits great.

• Does your band have the "lugs" on the end of the pin? these should prevent any play in the socket that the pin flts in .   These missing may be the problem.

I was fiddling with mine and dropped one on the carpet today -  I am online searching if replacements can be bought before I go searching with a magnet.

• My original garmin strap was fine and never had a problem. I brought a non-garmin replacement which repeatedly fell out and never felt as secure so I went back to the original. 

• Let us know if you find any replacement parts.  Last time I saw this come up the person contacted Garmin and was advised that replacements were not available!

• Every aftermarket band I’ve tried (like 4), has fallen off. The aftermarket quick release pins are at the opposite orientation on the band from Garmin's. That seemed to make them vulnerable to arm movement. My solution was to pick up a few non-quick release pins. It's a challenge to get the quick releases out of the band and a slight hassle to use the old-style pins, but I haven’t had a single failure since doing this. A small price to keep the watch safe.

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 4 years ago

Yes. Amazon band consistently falls off only on one side. Pins are still in. The previous one was wearing so threw it out. Not sure what to do.

• I have bought like 4 different bands from Ebay with quick release (1-5 EUR/pcs). Wearing currently (~1 month) one of them. No problem so far. Did not fall out. Other 3 just tried for short time. But on the downside it looks that non garmin band pins sit a bit worse than original.