This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Venu error code 010 cannot connect to wi fi

Hi, I’m trying to add music to my Venu, but it’s cannot connect to Wi-Fi despite following all recommendations set out by Garmin.  Hard rest carried out, no success, wi fi protocols reset as per garmin but agin no joy.   Also had the message incorrect password which is ridiculous!   Any other suggestions garmin ? 

• Assume you mean everything here - What Requirements Does My Wi-Fi Network Need to Meet?

And a few other items to note from forum members...

I isolated the issue to unsupported characters in the password. In my case, it was a space. I removed the space and the watch could connect to the network. If I put the space back into the password, it could no longer connect. I had this issue with Blueair air purifiers as well and it took them years to fix their app - which can now connect to networks with spaces in the password. 

MY SOLUTION (7182456 was correct as well):
    1. Make sure your 2,4 Wi-Fi uses only channel 1-11. You do not need to separate your 2,4 and 5 Wi-Fi.
    2. Wi-Fi passwords must be at least 8 characters
    3. Garmin Connect is programmed as if you write a normal sentence and not a password. This is why my last character, an ! is handled like the end of a sentence. The consequence of that, is that my keyboard adds a space automatically behind the !. Garmin Connect treats this space as a character. So I eliminated the space....done. (Android, for example, is smart and ignores a space behind a password)

Since the letters are so tiny within Connect, it took me a while to see that there is a space automatically behind the !  .