Venu screen burn-in

I've been using a specific WF for several months, with AOD turned OFF.
This week I began trying out a new WF and then noticed that the previous one has caused screen burn-in (I emphasize that AOD is OFF).
Has anyone had this experience? 

• For assistance with this issue, please reach out to your local Garmin Product Support team:

Garmin Product Support

• Thank you Garmin-Kevin. I did contact customer support and replacement is on the way. It was easy and quick. I had to provide serial number and no questions were asked. 

• Thanks Garmin-Kevin, my wife has a Venu with the burn-in issue. In New Zealand we are being told its $350 to repair it when the watch cost $629 and they are now $699 to $799 - Are Garmin able to do something about this - My wife had contacted support and was pointed to the dealer repair option as Garmin support aren't present here. That really isn't good enough for a 2-Year old watch (in a family where we only use Garmin).  

• My Venu also has burn in. I followed one of the links provided in this thread to this official Garmin support page:

https://www8.garmin.com/manuals/webhelp/venu/EN-US/GUID-8ECEF6B4-5257-44E9-BB09-778836BBF700.html

Here's what it says:

Image persistence, or pixel "burn-in," is normal behavior for AMOLED devices. To extend the display life, you should avoid displaying static images at high brightness levels for long time periods. To minimize burn-in, the VenuTm display turns off after the selected timeout (Display Settings). You can turn your wrist toward your body, double-tap the touchscreen, or press a button to wake the device.

I find this incredible. Their official position is to "avoid displaying static images" on a watch!

I have my brightness turned rather low and AOD turned off and look at the screen burn-in in my photo.

• Mine is doing this too now. Funny thing is. It's going on like 3 years old (I think?). I didn't notice it until like 1.5 weeks ago. 

As others stated, I use automatic brightness and AOD off to preserve battery. The screen is always off. Half the time the wrist flip doesn't even activate it and I have to double tap the screen to activate. Hell,  sometimes when my hands are full, I have to tap it on my nose twice to get the damn thing to screen on.

Yet. Somehow I have a good amount of screen burn in. Not as bad as a few of these. But enough to annoy me. And wei4d that it seemed to pop up out of nowhere. Almost as if something went bad in the screen, or an outside element like heat or sun or something accelerated it? 

The other odd part is that most of it appears to be from the last watch face that I was using. However, some of the burn in isn't from a watch face at all. I have clear burn in that says "SET TIMER". And that definitely was not on any of my watch faces. 

• It took a while but I think we are near to getting a resolution via Garmin support. It is still worthwhile contacting them, even if beyond warranty... We have no in country support as such but went through the channels and making progress... 

• Actually, even better. The "SET TIMER" burn in that is evident in my photo, is from strength training on the watch. Which I have only used a few times and for 1.5 hours at best. See example image of what cause the burn in. 

So that text wasn't even burnt in from a long standing watch face. Which is even more worrisome.

Also put a new watch face on today for the first time, and already have burn in from it. Something is definitely wrong with the screen, whether it's software or hardware. Nothing should burn in in less than a day with the screen off 99% of the time. 

• Yet. Somehow I have a good amount of screen burn in. Not as bad as a few of these. But enough to annoy me. And wei4d that it seemed to pop up out of nowhere. Almost as if something went bad in the screen, or an outside element like heat or sun or something accelerated it? 

Agreed. It seemed to happen out of nowhere as well, including an activity that doesn't get used a lot.

I contacted support and they agreed to send a replacement refurbished unit which I appreciate. However I'll have to send in my current watch first, they need to inspect it, and *then* -- if it passes their inspection -- they'll send a replacement. So I'll be without the watch for a week, the time I'll probably spend shopping around for other watches.

• Same exact issue for me. Did you get any resolution / refund / exchange from Garmin support?

• Seems we're getting a Venu 2 as a replacement rather than a refurb I think.