This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

APAC/SEA Updates Forgotten About

Currently running software version: 5.30 (Current available version 5.70)

GPS Version: 4.80

ANT/BLE/BT Version: 6.11

Wi-Fi Version: 2.60

TSC Version: 2.10

Sensor Version 7.0 (Current Sensor Hub Update version 8.02)

WHR Version 0.09.01

Connect IQ: 3.2.4

BMX: 0.9.1

Secondary BMX: 0.8.0

GCM Version: 4.40

Version 5.60 was released and live (100%) as of 8:35 am CST on 15/02/2021.
Posted this in the Venu 5.60 software update thread and received a reply from that different regions receive updates on a different schedule. At this time, this update is not currently released to APAC/SEA devices.
Followed up with a reply clarifying that 100% available does not include APAC/SEA even though they're part of the same planet. asked for the schedule for APAC/SEA devices.
Not a word/update since then. This was three weeks ago.
Venu SW 5.73 Beta was released 19 hours ago, thought that might be a straightforward way to get current since according to Garmin, APAC/SEA just disappeared off their radar.
Followed the installation instructions and guess what? They do not work! Not that surprised anymore.
Every time I drop the GUPDATE.GCD file into \GARMIN and disconnect my Venu, the update does not install and when I reconnect my Venu to the computer, the GUPDATE.GCD file I dropped is missing.
Would help if Garmin were more responsive. Released instructions that worked and cared about their customer experience. I dread requiring Garmin Customer Support at some point here in India. Fairly sure it won't be a stellar experience.
Que sera, sera.
  • APAC devices run different FW, and it can be weeks after FW for World Wide devices is released for the APAC version to be available.  It may also have a different version number.

This is not unique to the Venu but you'll see it on all Garmin devices.

• That may be true, then why is Garmin posting Betas that appear universal but only work on US devices? At no point do they state that all beta firmware and updates posted about are only for US devices and not for APAC/SEA.

Rather arrogant to sell products to an audience they pretend don't exist in their communication, while taking their money. 

Sorry, not exactly a fan of being an afterthought or second class consumer.

Making statements such as 100% available for an update and then saying, oh, sorry, 100% available to the US market only. One may infer that the rest of the world, ignored, updates will come whenever we get the time and feel so inclined. And no, we won't indicate any sort of schedule because hey, while we serve US customers, English isn't our strong suit.

Maybe have a separate forum for APAC/SEA customers who get their own support, firmware updates, schedules etc. If Garmin wants to birfucate communication in an obtuse manner, makes sense that thet do that.

Any time I have raised these concerns, silence on their end. 

Or  seem to serve only US customers and no one else.

Am not making this a race thing but corporate communication at Garmin seems to forget that there's a world that exists outside of North America. Probably explains a lot though.

• I don’t think its North America I think there are only the two versions, the APAC and the ROW which would include North America but also most of Europe.

Sounds frustrating! If you’re not getting help here I’d contact support directly through the website or a phone call.  Maybe they can help more on if your watch is actually up to date or not.

• Hello! We are sorry for the frustration caused by our previous posts regarding software updates. We of course do not wish to cause any confusion or frustration, and we also do not want any users to feel that their devices have been "abandoned" as some users have said.
    We have different variants of devices that serve different regions, and this is for a variety of reasons. Generally the APAC/SEA versions of our devices will operate on their schedule and will release updates separately from the Worldwide or NA/EU versions of devices.
    We are working internally to provide some more clarity in our posts moving forward. These forums have always served our users globally and we in no way want to make any users feel forgotten or left out.
  • Just received an update.

• SW: 5.70
    • GPS: 4.80
    • ANT/BLE/BT: 6.11
    • WiFi: 2.60
    • Sensor: 8.02
    • WHR: 1.00.06
    • BMX: 1.0.6

According to the Garmin site:

Version: 5.70 New!

1. Fixed some scenarios where battery drain can occur on Connect IQ watch faces
    2. Added improvements to all day stress
    3. Fixed issue with headphones disconnecting upon starting an activity
    4. Fixed an issue that caused devices to reset on power up
    5. Removed lower limit on weight picker
    6. Fixed swim heart rate zones
    7. Reduced minimum sensor wheel size
    8. Fixed excessive floors climbed upon barometer calibration
    9. Improved handling of missing card image for Garmin Pay

Still no language pack (tested with notification). This is quite bad, especially for APAC/SEA. Where there will be more than 3 languages used in one country.

• Yeah, me too. Got that exact update 2 days ago. I hope this will do something good to user experience.

Glad to know that we are not neglected in APAC.

Yet, I have not found my battery-drain issue solved yet. I don't know why.

• APAC/SEA got an update 5.90 around 10 days ago. Anyone aware of a changelog pertinent to this update?

Also, if we are at 5.90, if there is a major version update to 6.0, can we expect substantial changes or continuous incremental updates?

As suggested in this thread, it would be great if, when talking about updates on the forum, Garmin addressed both audiences, APAC/SEA, and the Rest of the World by titling posts accordingly rather than post about an update that only pertains to the Rest of the World and ignores APAC/SEA.

• This is all I can find about 5.90, still no language pack if not mistaken.

"

Latest Version2021-04-27。

Version : 5.90 New!

1. Prevent rapid pass card setting changed while updating.
    2. Enable Blood Efficiency function for Japan.

"

• Okie dokie, I see Garmin changelog being super helpful there. Going to round back to my suggestion of having APAC/SEA posts also on the forum. If someone's working on the firmware, there should be changelogs and updates as well as feedback options for bugs/issues.

• Change log for 6.0

Latest Version2021-06-17。

Version : 6.00 New!

1. Support for Thai, Vietnamese, Chinese, Korean, and Japanese characters on smart notifications
    2. Fixed an issue where activity history would be reset when restoring default settings
    3. Fixed an issue with Connect IQ watch faces not entering high power on gesture
    4. Fixed an issue where the Hydration widget crashes upon accepting an alert reminder
    5. Fixed an issue with some podcasts not displaying
    6. Added new workout animations which can be updated with Express or a Wifi sync