This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Venu won't reconnect to my phone after moving away...

I've loved my Garmin Venu in the two months that I've had it. However, I have one major annoyance with it and that's losing bluetooth connectivity to my phone. I have an iPhone Xs Max with IOS 13.5.1. I'm not experiencing any of the common problems that came with updating to IOS 13, just this connectivity issue.

Every time I walk away from my phone, my Venus disconnects from my phone. I have to go to my phone's bluetooth settings and connect the device again manually. When the phone and the Venu are close together, there are no problems.

I previously had a Fitbit Ionic and never had this issue. The watch would ALWAYS reconnect to my phone. Am I missing something here? Or is this just how it is with the Venu?

• Hi. I had the the same issue to the point where I was considering selling my watch. I contacted Garmin support through Instagram which was the only way I could get a reply.

After a few weeks of back and forth they informed me that there was an issue between the watch and phone and they had made changes meaning the lastest update had solved it. For the next few weeks my watch and phone worked a dream and reconnected every time.

Then about 10 days ago the watch again stopped reconnecting and I have to manually reconnect every time with the 6 digit code. A pain in the *** and means I occasionally miss important calls/messages.

I emailed Garmin support yesterday via the email they sent me as their online support doesn't have any direct contacts for those who are having issues. As yet I haven't had an acknowledgement or response. I hope Garmin and Samsung are listening and get their heads together and sort this out because if not, one of them will loose my business. 

If I get a response I post back here with an update. Fingers crossed.

• Hi, Thank you for your reply.  I'm sorry to hear you are still having the same unresolved issues that I'm experiencing. It is a great shame that companies who have such a following for their product make themselves unable to be contacted by their loyal customers who are experiencing problems and judging by the number of comments this problem is certainly not an isolated case.

I'm at the point now of changing to another brand as I feel Garmin is no longer interested, which is such a pity as I really like their product but cannot condone their lack of interest any further.

• I'm sorry that you have had an issue reaching someone. May I ask what country you are located in? Many of our locations have a phone line where you can speak to an representative. If you give me permission, I can also send you an email to continue working with you.