This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Venu won't reconnect to my phone after moving away...

I've loved my Garmin Venu in the two months that I've had it. However, I have one major annoyance with it and that's losing bluetooth connectivity to my phone. I have an iPhone Xs Max with IOS 13.5.1. I'm not experiencing any of the common problems that came with updating to IOS 13, just this connectivity issue.

Every time I walk away from my phone, my Venus disconnects from my phone. I have to go to my phone's bluetooth settings and connect the device again manually. When the phone and the Venu are close together, there are no problems.

I previously had a Fitbit Ionic and never had this issue. The watch would ALWAYS reconnect to my phone. Am I missing something here? Or is this just how it is with the Venu?

• I sent my Venu for service to see if the problem would get fixed. Garmin sent a new refurbished Venu back, but problem didn’t get fixed Rage. So at least it doesn’t seem to be a hardware issue. Has any one tried to factory reset the iPhone and see if that could help? 

• I am just waiting for a replacement Venu as when I contacted Garmin they immediately said it needed replacing. Hoping that this will be sent today as it will have been 2 weeks yesterday that I posted it back to them 

• Former Member
    +1 Former Member over 3 years ago

i could resolve this problem for my Venu with IOS by following a hint from the Fenix Forum: in the post it was mentioned, that the initial bluetooth pairing between garmin and iphone must not be done from iphone bluetooth menu but via the garmin connect app. so i marked the venu to "ignore" from bluetooth menu, toggled bluetooth off and on and then a popup from the garmin connect app was suddenly asking for the connect code (which was shown on the venu). After this time - which is now roughly a week ago -  the venu was always reconnecting back the iphone after moving away. Unbelievable, but this small changed solved it for me completely.

• Walser!!  You are lifesaver!  That totally ended my months of frustration!   

• Hello Walser, could you give the whole step by step guide in how to do this please. Thank you

• Just to make sure... have you updated to the latest Bluetooth firmware 6.11? That solved the problem for me finally. I haven’t had reconnections issues since. So now about two weeks working. Before the firmware update I had tried the tip of Walser, but unfortunately it didn’t solve my problem. 

• Not sure if this will help, but I saw it mentioned elsewhere.  Make sure the Garmin Connect app is allowed to run in the background.  If it isn't and the phone or other app is managing the battery and forcing it to stop running, the watch will lose connection and/or not automatically reconnect.

• Thanks for this, sounds like a winner. But does anyone have similar instructions for an Android phone? I started having this exact problem in Dec 2020 and it's really quite annoying.

• This appears to be a very common issue. I'm having exactly the same problem. Very annoying when I rely on my watch for notifications and calls etc so I can keep the phone silent. Has anyone seen a permanent fix from Garmin or anyone else?

• I have a Venu 2s watch and a Samsung Galaxy A32 phone.  The problem is the Bluetooth will not stay connected,  I have tried everything suggested in both the Owners manual and what other users have tried and have failed to correct the issue.  I have sent a message to Garmin but unfortunately haven't had a reply.  If someone has managed to have success please let me know.  Regards