This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Venu SW 4.40 is live

This update can be downloaded with Garmin Express or automatically with Garmin Connect Mobile (pending rollout). 

Change Log

• Updated stopwatch activities to include device information
  • Added prompt for software update after downloading over WiFi
  • Fixed deletion of Connect IQ items
  • Added intervals option to cardio
  • Improved Body Battery and Stress graphs
  • Updated activity summary Vo2 Max banner
  • Fixed initial setup to ensure units are always being set
  • Added support for additional emojis
  • Fixed processing of preloaded workouts on a language change
  • Fixed potential crash on Connect IQ updates
  • Fixed the calendar widget to show more events
  • Fixed alarm timeouts
  • Fixed possible crash on heart rate graph
  • Fixed backlight timeout on watch face
  • Fixed an issue preventing contacts from being deleted
  • with PulseOx during night?

• +1, same battery issue here.

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 4 years ago in reply to 3577434

Is already available, I have mine updated the same day when it was released.

• Getting really tired of the number of updates. Had a Forerunner 235 and it have worked for 2 years straight. Now the latest update fixes the latest problems on my Venu, but comes with new problems. Two times it even resetted the entire device! Once it works, I'm gonna turn of the updates.

• Hmmm. Ack. I have sold the FR235 for Venu. Worst deccision ever. Sleept stats, this incedible inaccurate Sony GPS and so on and so on. Garmin dosent mak a good job since a while but like to have a lot of money

• Battery drops extremely fast - 3 days is max. I noticed that even one simple workout (15 minutes pilates, no GPS, no music) and battery goes down as it was GPS on all the time.

After 1hr running with GPS and music - battery dropped from 50% to 15%.

Ridiculous. Before 4.40 it was OK - I have changed neither my routines nor workouts since the update... I am going to return this piece of junk... Chinese smartwatches offer a far better experience and battery life!! Shame on you Garmin.

• Maybe try wiping/re-setting up your Venu? I’m having zero issues on the latest firmware, especially with battery life. I get a solid 5+ days on it, with PulseOx set to nighttime only, screen set to medium timeout, heart rate all the time, and brightness low. 
    I’m getting that life while going for a 1mile GPS-tracked workout every day, plus about a 30 minute indoor cardio or strength workout. 
    Only time I’ve gotten 3-day battery life is with Always On Display and 24-hour PulseOx both turned on. 

• Thank you for the hint - I've just performed wiping of all the data from Venu.

There are two issues here: it should not be required to erase all the data (including GarinPay, music etc. etc.) just because of FW update. The process of adding the watch again to the account is painful every time.

The second issue I see is that now I can't configure GarminPay wallet from the Connect app... I see list of my cards previously configured for Venu and now am not able to add them again or remove...

This is definitely the worst and frustrating experience I've ever had with Garmin products.

UPDATE: clearing cache of the Connect App solved the issue with Garmin Pay cards.

• Battery lasts less than a day just as a watch with no activity. Sleep no longer works and and screen is not working 

• Less than 1 day of battery now without using any activity