Music too loud on lowest setting.

Like other people, I have this issue, with my new Venu SQ Music.  Trying four different pairs of bluetooth earbuds, the sound is deafening at the lowest setting on the watch.

I emailed support, and after days, the response back was to send me canned information about reception, which was just insulting.  

This is an issue with the watch; my phone works fine with the perfectly compliant earbuds, as does my laptop.  The problem seems like the fact the Garmin only has 10 volume steps, so presumably 10% each time.  At 10% volume, it's still earsplitting, to the point of actual ear damage.

I know there's a list of 'compatible' headphones. I don't want to buy something else, when I have, again, four perfectly fine pairs, that I like.  

Has anyone ever resolved this?  Modifying one of the on-device files? Modifying a firmware?  Finding an actual human at Garmin that can help?

I'm posting here as a ditch effort before just returning this. The sole reason I bought this watch was for the music capability.  

• I emailed support

I would contact them directly, either by phone or chat, as email often leads to a standard response and a lengthy back and forth that could go on for weeks.

• Thank you for the suggestion; I'll try that before returning this.  I never received another email response.  I'm just so incredibly disappointed with this, because I wanted to like it.  Other issues like the wifi constantly "searching" and then "transfer failed" and the too sensitive or not sensitive enough touchscreen makes me wonder how this gets such great reviews...  paired with what seems like an utter lack of support, and it makes me really wonder what happened with Garmin.

Just really frustrated.  Anyway, thanks for the response, and sorry for the late reply: even though I have notifications set to email me, of course, I didn't get one...