This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin Pay - I need to re-enter PIN sevaral times in the day

First time when I pay I must enter the PIN, it is OK. But when I want to pay later, sometime, I must enter the PIN again. It's happen randomly,  after 10 minutes, or several hours. All the time I am not taking off my Venu sq, and i am not use GPS or recorded any activity.Any ideas? Thank you

• Check for gaps in heart rate data. If the watch cannot detect your heart rate intermittently, it might think it's off wrist.

• Don't seems....but if there is a micro disconnection is verry difficult to verify. Thank you

• The use of Garmin Pay depends on wrist detection. The idea is that the PIN stays valid as long as the watch detects it is still on your wrist. This is a safety feature imposed by regulators and banks to make sure its you paying for the transaction. If it loses the detection of your wrist (too loose wearing it or outside influences) it will ask to enter the PIN. It is not exactly detecting heart rate, it is detecting skin reflection and responds within 1-2 seconds with a lock, you might not see that in the heart rate registration even. Of course skin tone has impact in the reflection and is know to be a factor in the detection effectiveness. Oh, and it is built in to enter the PIN every 24 hours based on the same safety feature.

• It could be....thank you for reply