This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Failed to save workout

I went for run this afternoon. Started my activity, waited for the green bar of GPS and said ready. During my run I noticed my distance says 0 despite me being in more than a 1km already. After my run I wanted to save my workout... it kept running circles and finally stated failed to save. There is no record on my watch of my workout. This is annoying as I not only lost my data but also my points for vitality. My watch Venu sq is brand new and disappointing to experience this on a new watch. Does anyone know what causes this and how to fix? 

•   I tried to manually import the .fit file into Garmin connect, but it said the file is not supported (which is weird).   

Hi  & , could you zip then attach the fit file to this thread? We can take a look and see if it is repairable. Possibly corrupt files.

• Hey there, same thing happened here with my brand new Venu SQ. Called Garmin and the tech clearly didn't understand -- he had me restart a run and was like "well it probably just needed a solid restart." But no -- I ran, it appeared to have saved, and then it is MIA in Connect and in the watch itself -- it has the activity of "run" at 11:33 AM but then when I open it, it has 1:28 AM and 0.0 distance, 0.0 pace, etc. I pulled over the FIT file but it cannot open in connect. HELP! I hate hate hate losing data. 

• I pulled over the FIT file but it cannot open in connect. HELP! I hate hate hate losing data. 

, please zip the fit file and attach to this thread. We can take a look and repair it if possible.

• 2020-12-17-11-33-20.zipNot sure if this works but here you go!

• I even tried the online fit file tool and got nada -- it has data but says one piece of the file is unsupported (which I guess is better than the whole thing being unsupported)

• What was the distance and time supposed to be? There is no data after about 19 minutes into the run. Appears that there was an abrupt shutdown without a final "stop all" event.

This should work for you - 2020-12-17-11-33-20-fixed.zip

Unzip the file then import into Garmin Connect using the import data page. Repaired using Fit File Repair Tool.

• Wow, thank you. It was like 3.4 miles, about 35 minutes -- I am surprised it stopped that often, I didn't stop it that frequently (although I run in a very busy area with a lot of street crossings). Maybe I need to check the settings -- thank you.

• hi there, same problem  or even worse, after a run today I saved and saw summary but at home my watch would not upload and when I checked history it was completely empty !! All my activitys were gone, and it is not the first time it missed to save an activity but it was before  the latest  software update so I believed it was fixed!

• I checked history it was completely empty !! All my activitys were gone

Try a manual upload to Garmin Connect

• With your Garmin device connected to your computer
    • Open the drive associated with your device.

• Look for your FIT file under the \GARMIN\ACTIVITY folder

If you get any message other than Import Complete, then there is a problem with the file. In that case, please zip the file and attach it to this thread. We can look at it to see what might be wrong.

• I have tried to manually upload but the activity folder is empty. Maybe the touch screen under my jacket went crazy on the walk home, because as said earlier I did seet summary?