Reviving Seemingly 'Dead' Vector 1 Pedals

I have an old pair of Vector 1 pedals (dual) that are currently installed on a indoor bike. Recently I started getting 'low battery' warnings that surprised me as (from what I could recall) I had changed the batteries not that long ago. So I just kept on using the pedals without changing the batteries just to see what might happen,. This morning (maybe 10-15 hours of riding since starting to get low battery warnings) I got some kind of error message that was new to me and I paid no attention thinking "OK - time the change the batteries".

Since changing them my pedals seem to be 'dead'. I have tried a second set of batteries with no luck. Neither of my two Garmin bike computers see the pedals. I removed the pedal from one of the bike computers (Edge 520) but the pedals are still 'invisible'.  Is there some kind of 'reset' that can be done that isn't automatically done by removing batteries? These pedals are pretty old at this point so they don't "owe me anything". But what are my repair options here? Thanks.

dave