This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Kids and Smart Scale

Is there a way to restrict the scale from recording weights outside of a weight range?  I'm in the 185-200 range but the scale records hundreds of weigh ins for my 25 and 35 pound kids.  If I can't figure this out I need to throw this thing away or put it in the basement where no one will use it.

• I get that but when you have kids around it takes no time for the scale to get bad data linked to it, it will have not idea how much anyone weighs, and you can end up with a ton of bad readings to delete.  I had a couple of dozen on a few days.  I still think it would be better to only allow data in a weight range to be recorded per user.  Probably a great scale for kidless families.

• Did you create an account for your kids even though the site says "are you 16" I mean, I know I can do it, just not sure if it's the right way to go. My daughter is 2 years old but I do need to weight her and I already have the scale so I wanted to use it, but every user must have a Garmin account, so I was wondering if that was the way to go? Thanks

• I don't want to sound rude or anything, but it seems like no one came up with this earlier for some reason. How about teaching them that they are not allowed to use it? Or at least use it only when "necessary"? I am a strong believer that no matter how nice you are to your kids, there should always be discipline, and they should be aware that some things aren't allowed. I remember how my moth used the would you rathers https://parentportfolio.com/would-you-rather-questions-for-kids/  to teach us about what is right and what is wrong in a playful way.

• It doesn’t matter if they have an account.  If they stand on the scale it records it.  Extremely annoying.  The scale should be smart enough to know that my weight doesn’t fluctuate by 150 pounds during the day.