This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

NTP Server Issue Escalation

All,

We wanted to create a singular thread to help us monitor/escalate the NTP server issue for users experiencing this. If you believe that you are also seeing this same issue, please post a reply in this thread in the below format. We appreciate everyone's help and having a more organized discussion will help us out a lot.

1. A statement that gives us consent to add you to an internal ticket/view your Garmin Connect account
2. Your location globally (city and state, or city and country will be fine)
3. Your internet service provider

Thank you as always for your help and we do apologize for the inconvenience this is causing.
  • It did work flawlessly for the last two weeks, after I submitted my consent. Now just an "X" without trying to upload (no >>>>>>>). Can we get response please Garmin what the Status is of this escalation?

Many Thanks in advance!
  • 1. Please add me
    2. 3004 Melbourne, Australia
    3. TPG and Aldi (Telstra) when using hotspot on my

Just bought the scale and cant get it to work, fw 2.70 came installed.
  • Garmin-Blake :1 month and 93 replies since your so-called 'escalation'. How much more proof or inputs do you need before actually bother doing something? Without being a programmer I believe we are talking about a simple FW update?

If this is how a proper escalation looks like within Garmin I must say I'm far from impressed.
  • Please add me.
    Cardiff, UK
    Virginmedia
  • How much time do you need to officially confirm the problem?
    1. I agree
    2. Warsaw, Poland
    3. UPC
  • Hi there,
    well - there seem to be quite some people who experience the exact same sync issue with the Garmin Index Scale - and I'm sure there are a lot more people out there that are not registered to this forum and encounter the same problems.

Being a Fenix 5 and now also a Fenix 5 Plus user, I know that Garmin is able to deliver a decent community support if Garmin wants to. For the Fenix, you're even able to provide the beta versions of new software and there is a high activity going on in the discussion forums.

With the Index Scale however, things seem to be very different. You have have a product in your range that perfectly fits into the Garmin ecosystem and I just don't get why you neglect this product so obviously - even when it's about a very clear software bugs. It's the only scale that syncs directly into Garmin Connect.. .and there is no alternative if you wanna stick to this ecosystem.

Why don't you understand that this bad support could result in people not choosing Garmin for other products like a smartwatch (that costs 1.000 bucks!) ? And that customers might look for other ecosystems out in the market in total?

The community here has been very active and has been highlighting the most probable root cause of the Index Scale sync issues. The minimum that I expect as a paying customer is some feedback of your customer support
    - if there is a solution in the works
    - when it will be available
    - or if you just don't care and want to get rid of the product (and customers?!?!)

Sorry, but this is not an "escalation thread", but to me more like a bad joke. Give us some insight what the challenges are and I'm sure most people would be more confident that you are at least trying to solve this issue!

Regards,

Chris

And by the way (I have already written this in a previous message):
    - add me to the ticket.. willing to test beta versions of a new SW, too.

1st household:
    - Prague, Czech Republic
    - UPC Cable
    2nd household:
    - Braunschweig, Germany
    - Vodafone Cable
  • chrisluig I couldn’t agree more!
  • The easiest solution for a home user is to install PiHole on a Raspberry. Set it as the default DNS server in your modem/router and then create a custom DNS zone for domain clock.garmin.com.

For me, it's not the easiest solution :)
    I'm using my phone to create a hotspot on which I don't have an issue to connect & to sync my balance.
    This is I think the easiest way
  • Former Member
    0 Former Member over 5 years ago
    1. Please add me
    2. 64739 Höchst im Odenwald, Germany
    3. Entega Medianet
  • 1. Please add me
    2. Halifax - UK
    3. Virgin Media

Thank you