This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

NTP Server Issue Escalation

All,

We wanted to create a singular thread to help us monitor/escalate the NTP server issue for users experiencing this. If you believe that you are also seeing this same issue, please post a reply in this thread in the below format. We appreciate everyone's help and having a more organized discussion will help us out a lot.

1. A statement that gives us consent to add you to an internal ticket/view your Garmin Connect account
2. Your location globally (city and state, or city and country will be fine)
3. Your internet service provider

Thank you as always for your help and we do apologize for the inconvenience this is causing.
  • 1. Please add me
    2. Hanworth, UK
    3. Virgin Media
  • Hi there, please,

1. Please help me on this...
    2. Boxtel, The Netherlands
    3. Ziggo

Thank you
  • Hope this will be sorted out, but don’t look like it will be.
    1 please add me
    2 Chon Buri Thailand
    3 3bb internet
  • I agree with other people's comments that Garmin's failure to adequately support the Smart Scale is a damaging reflection on its overall brand.

1. Please add me to any trial.
    2. London, UK.
    3. BT Internet.

Please note: I work for BT, and I have colleagues in BT's wireless hub development team. I had reported the 'failure to connect to hub' issue as a hub failure - I now recognise that it is likely to be a Garmin Smart Scale issue. Nonetheless, if you want me to (a) send you the hub's technical logs showing the connection failures; and (b) put you in touch with our development team, so you can understand what the logs mean, please let me know. You have my email address. I will not be monitoring this thread routinely.
  • We apologize for the lack of communication on this issue. Finding the best solution has proven difficult due to variances in ISPs for our users globally but we are still working on a permanent resolution and this has not stopped since this was first escalated to engineering.

We understand the frustration completely at our lack of communication and I will apologize for this personally. At this time I can only report that we are actively working on a permanent resolution but this will take more time. As soon as a more concrete timeline is available, I will make sure to update this thread accordingly. Thank you as always for your continued patience and cooperation.

This thread will be closed as the addition of more users to gauge impact is no longer necessary. I will open this thread and post again once a fix is being rolled out to users.
  • Since the higher thread in Google is closed with a statement that the issue was fixed 7 months ago - wanted to state that as of this week I've started seeing this issue for the first time. My scale has been on and wifi connected for over 7 months and had no issues previously.

The documented workaround of redirecting clock.garmin.com to a more reliable IP worked perfectly.

• 1.  Please add me

2.  Blacksburg, VA

3.  Xfinity

• So I just got this scale. It was working for a week. And today it doesn't want to connect to my wifi. I did usual, reset device, reset phone, reset router... etc... Next thing google... saw there is an update that fixes that... I check my fw version it is latest... but I have issue... 

Why are you guys still selling this product if it doesn't work? I can buy good scale showing all this things for $20. I paid 8 times more for one that doesn't work properly. Will be returning the scale. Very disappointed in your product. 

• The 3.10 Firmware update still does not fix the NTP issue.

1. Add me

2. Lake Worth, FL

3. AT&T

Each day I get the Red X when weighing and sometime later in the day the scale will eventually connect and upload the scale data.

• 1. please add me
    2. 4113 St. Martin, Austria
    3. A1