This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Problem weight trasmission to GC account

Hi all. Solved other friend/family invitation problem now I have the wi-fi problem of trasmission of the weight to GC accounts. Wi-Fi connection is ok:
1) For me (the owner of the index in my GC portal) after trasmission >>>>>>>>>>X, always X, but the evening or the day after I find my weight and data in GC!!!
2) For my wife or my daughter (guests correctly activated) after >>>>>>>>>>>X they NEVER find the weight or metrix in GC!!!!
Anybody else have the same issue?
  • It worked fine till end of April, with same router and setting....Something changed in GC in May

Same issue here!

• Since April/May I've always had to try 15-20 times in order to get the data uploaded, and even when it did I never got the V, only >>>> about half way then X.
    However this morning - for the first time in months - the weight successfully uploaded the data to GC on the very first try. (>>>>>>>>>>>V)

Fingers crossed that Garmin has fixed the issue and that it was not only a coincidence!
  • Since April/May I've always had to try 15-20 times in order to get the data uploaded, and even when it did I never got the V, only >>>> about half way then X.
    However this morning - for the first time in months - the weight successfully uploaded the data to GC on the very first try. (>>>>>>>>>>>V)

Fingers crossed that Garmin has fixed the issue and that it was not only a coincidence!

Did a reset of the scale after reading this. Nope, stil same issue here.
    Garmin Denmark got acces to my account hoping they could find something here, but haven't heard from them yet...
  • Nevermind my previous post, unfortunately the successful upload seems to have been just a one time coincidence.
    Today it was back the normal failing upload and just showing the X.
  • Has anyone had confirmation from Garmin support that they're looking into this or have they provided an ETA for resolution?

I added another user to my scales today and I'm now experiencing the issues described above.
  • I contacted Garmin support last week (2018-06-25) and did not receive any feedback. The support at Garmin is really lousy. Does anyone know where to get a troubleticket with an ID for tracking?

By the way:
    In the meantime the synchronisation does work again for my son. So i have exactly the state of the last month again ->two users work the other two do not work
    Weighing for all users always shows the small "X" instead of the tick "V" (>>>>>>>>>>>>> X)
  • We have seen that in multiple instances where there are upload issues after adding additional users, that problems were caused by these users not accepting consent for uploads. This can be done by accepting consent from this link, or by having these users sign into their accounts within the GCM application. We are still investigating this but wanted to provide this potential fix/troubleshooting step in the meantime.
  • Thanks for the update Garmin-Blake!
    In my case the uploads does not fail due to missing consent. (Just checked both user accounts to make sure after seeing your message) Two users added since buying the weight in October 2017, no settings changed either on scale, in GCM or wifi.
    Issues started «all by itself» a couple of months ago just as described by many other users.

But at least now we have an answer from Garmin showing that you are aware and paying some kind of attention - fingers crossed that you’re finally able to do something about it as well!
  • We have seen that in multiple instances where there are upload issues after adding additional users, that problems were caused by these users not accepting consent for uploads. This can be done by accepting consent from this link, or by having these users sign into their accounts within the GCM application. We are still investigating this but wanted to provide this potential fix/troubleshooting step in the meantime.

I've accepted consent for second user and now it's working. Ends with a big V. Damn good :cool:
  • @Garmin-Blake: Thank you very much for the great hint. After months of frustration (and no feedback from Garmin Support), the data transfer now works again for all 4 users. I hope this solution also works for the others here.

--- Summary ---

- Problem Description:
    As soon as only one user has not accepted the consent for uploads, the tick (>>>>>>>>>>>>> V) does not appear anymore. Every user gets the small X (>>>>>>>>>>>>> X), but the upload still works for the users who have accepted the consent for uploads.

- Solution:
    Once all users have accepted the consent for uploads (https://connect.garmin.com/modern/import-data = Account Settings/Privacy Settings/Data Upload -> Consent) everyone gets the tick and (the most important) the Data is synchronized for everyone to Garmin Connect.

- Suggestion for improvement 1:
    When setting up new users for the scale, accepting the consent for upload should be a fixed part of the setup routine.

- Suggestion for improvement 2:
    Garmin should finally improve the lousy support. It is a shame how the customers are treated here.

Best regards and thanks again to Garmin-Blake