This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Add users who have no Garmin Device

Hi,

Is there a way to add users who don't have a garmin device? For example, my kids like to get on the garmin scale and sometimes it screws up my readings. I'd like to create garmin connect accounts for them just to store their weights, but that doesn't appear possible unless they have their own devices to link.

Any suggestions?

Thank you!!
  • Create Garmin connect accounts online for them.
    I think there are minimum age requirements to have a connect account so be careful if you actually set up real data for them (age of birth, height etc).
  • Create Garmin connect accounts online for them.
    I think there are minimum age requirements to have a connect account so be careful if you actually set up real data for them (age of birth, height etc).

thanks

i tried doing that but i am forced to add a device for them first, and they dont have any devices...am I missing something?
  • What is the intended use of a Garmin Connect account when there’s nothing to connect?
  • thanks

i tried doing that but i am forced to add a device for them first, and they dont have any devices...am I missing something?

Isn't the scale a device?
  • Isn't the scale a device?

Did it work by using the scale as the kids device ?.
  • Hi,

Is there a way to add users who don't have a garmin device? For example, my kids like to get on the garmin scale and sometimes it screws up my readings. I'd like to create garmin connect accounts for them just to store their weights, but that doesn't appear possible unless they have their own devices to link.

Any suggestions?

Thank you!!

It's been about 7 months, but I'm pretty sure you can set up an account without a device. I got a Vivoactive HR less than a month ago, but my first weight recorded on my profile was June 24, 2016 (about 6 months before I had a Garmin device). My brother had gotten a Vivofit a while back, so I ended up downloading the Garmin Connect Mobile app to help him learn the system. I don't remember how I set up my account, but I'm pretty sure I did not have to pair my brother's device with my phone in order to do so (that would have been the only Garmin device I would have had access to at that time.
  • It's been about 7 months, but I'm pretty sure you can set up an account without a device. I got a Vivoactive HR less than a month ago, but my first weight recorded on my profile was June 24, 2016 (about 6 months before I had a Garmin device). My brother had gotten a Vivofit a while back, so I ended up downloading the Garmin Connect Mobile app to help him learn the system. I don't remember how I set up my account, but I'm pretty sure I did not have to pair my brother's device with my phone in order to do so (that would have been the only Garmin device I would have had access to at that time.

I also created an account for my wife and confirm there is no need to add a device.
  • I also created a GC account for my wife, without adding a device, so she can use the scales.

Please note that you are not allowed to create a GC account for children under 13yr.
  • Former Member
    0 Former Member over 6 years ago
    Has this changed since the release of the kids vivoactive?
  • My understanding is no it has not
    As the vivo JR app requires a parental control (ie parent with GC account) and the child's information is kept within the app environment and not the GC environment. The privacy policy of vivo fit JR section 1 makes it pretty clear (i just read it now to attempt to ensure i was not misleading you here)