This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

so a year later in 2016, does garmin support multiple weight logging per day?

last year dcrainmaker indicated that garmin would overwrite any previous data in the same day if you weighed yourself multiple times, ie. before and after your run

has garmin addressed that or should I look at other scale offerings?
  • Nope still one weight per day IMHO I don't think you will see it change, if weight is whats important its a good scale, if metrics are what you are after then look elsewhere!
  • I'm still waiting for auto-syncing of the weight data from Garmin Connect to other platforms (e.g. TrainingPeaks, TrainerRoad etc).

I was hanging on for the Index launch last year, but after it became clear that Garmin had decided to cripple this functionality I went and bought a Withings instead. I'd still be keen to upgrade to a Garmin Index if they ever introduce it, but I'm not holding my breath.
  • I'm still waiting for auto-syncing of the weight data from Garmin Connect to other platforms (e.g. TrainingPeaks, TrainerRoad etc).

I was hanging on for the Index launch last year, but after it became clear that Garmin had decided to cripple this functionality I went and bought a Withings instead. I'd still be keen to upgrade to a Garmin Index if they ever introduce it, but I'm not holding my breath.

I think this is the issue here. The potential is there, however Garmin just can't be bothered. Therefore, neither can I (be bothered to buy).

Surely there are work arounds? Mine exports to myfitnesspal and apple health, is there not a way to get either of them to sync to training peaks?
  • +1 to wanting this feature

Multiple readings a day is something that would push me toward buying as well. It seems that using the guest user would at least keep the primary measure for the day from being overwritten, but I'm also seeing people having issues getting it to go to a different user.
  • Multiple Weights Per Day +1

As an active user of Garmin Connect and the scales, I would like to be able to record multiple weights per day, so that I can get a better average of my weight and the patterns he data tell me.

With weights I record myself, one a day was enough and I tired to do it the same time, such as when I wake up. One of the great benefits of the scales is that it's so easy to weigh and sync so I do it a lot during a day, when I walk past the scales. If the time part of the date time field was included I could see my stats before/after exercise, daily patterns etc.

So +1 from me :)
  • As an active user of Garmin Connect and the scales, I would like to be able to record multiple weights per day, so that I can get a better average of my weight and the patterns he data tell me.

So +1 from me :)

The problem is I don't think Garmin monitors the forums and/or definitely doesn't use them for feedback.

I think we all have to email support and nag them so eventually a supervisor gets the word and then they tell management which then tells the programmers - then maybe 2017

Either that or they get tired of their competitors selling ten times the scales they do.
  • It is now possible to weigh in several times per day and have Garmin Connect - the infrastructure holding the data - both store and present the data. Available from around a week back.

• Finally!

Nobody noticed because everybody only weighted in once a day :-D
    If they now would plot the graph on the median and not on the latest datapoint if in a view with several days, it would be awesome.

Thanks for noticing us!

• was there a software update or did it just happen on the back end? i still see software version 3.1.0.0.

btw, i love this scale. i've had it for about 2 months and it's been completely flawless for me. no issues at all