This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Training Status "No Status"?

"No Status" since 29th April?
Recording load OK, recovery OK, training Effect OK.
I last used a power meter (broken) on 15/4.
Been using a mix of wrist HR and HRM Run since then (about 15hr of cycling).
  • My 4 week old forerunner 645m has just started doing this despite outdoor running at least twice this week. Runs are saved but no training status. I’ve soft reset, updated software etc to no avail. Please GARMIN SORT IT OUT. Support had no idea why or what to do. 

• I have the same issue: no "training status" since 10 Nov 2019. Is there an update on the situation,or do I need to replace my Garmin 935?  

• I have the 645, and have had the same issue for weeks now (not exactly sure when it started).  Training status says "No Status" and tells me to "Run outdoors with heart rate twice to see your status."  ALL my runs (approximately 3-4 a week, between 45 minutes and an hour and a half) are outside since I don't belong to a gym. 

Garmin - will there be an update to fix this??

• Maybe it helps.

I had the same issue for the FR245 and this was my solution for it.

https://forums.garmin.com/sports-fitness/running-multisport/f/forerunner-245-series/209313/training-status-no-status?ReplySortBy=CreatedDate&ReplySortOrder=Descending

These are the steps what i did to solve my issue.

1. Update all user profile data (height ,  birth year, weight(maybe you should take the current weight, now :-) )  on the watch

2. sync the changes

3. change back the data on the watch

4 sync the changes

5. Run outdoor twice  and it worked.

• I am also having this issue. Has there been resolution?

• I had the same issue (on Garmin 245) and finally solved it. I had set my GPS to UltraTrac, to preserve battery life, but it appears that Training Status / VO2Max etc don't update unless at least 'GPS' is set. Changing it back before my most recent run seems to have fixed the issue. 

(A little frustrating as this limitation isn't mentioned anywhere that I've seen)

• Yep, changed back to "No Status" again.

I've just done a week of rides with power and training status is back to "Productive".

This week is back to normal with HR only and I expect "No Status, Run outdoors twice" in about 2 weeks.

• Any update on this?  My device (Marq) was working fine until I updated to release 9.00. After hat, no more status and no lactate threshold. Before update, those worked 100% of the time.  (Side note: Also the GPS seems to be way worse now,  but harder to put m finger on, just takes much longer to turn green in the beginning of run in exactly the same environment as before)

• Is there any update on this?   My device (Marq) worked perfectly, status update and lactate threshold 100% of the time (lactate obviously only when I did the test) - until I updated the device to release 9.0.   After that not a single status, and lactate threshold not working  --- and I am doing absolutely the same thing as I did before. Same area of running, all the same

• Same for me - problem solved: When I updated my device to the latest Software Release (9.0) it must have inadvertently switched GPS mode to Ultratrac.  While apparently in that mode there is "enough" reception to display map, speed, lap etc. - it's not sufficient accuracy for the device to calculate VO2, thresholds etc. .  Switched to GPS + Glonass (which I had all along, I don't care as much about battery life, I just recharge a day earlier...) - it first showed performance rating (after the first kilometer of running), then VO2 after the run, and then after several runs it displays status.

If you think how much frustration could be saved by a little more communication. I had multiple (>5) attempts at determining my threshold, every time the message "Workout ended, threshold not determined", a simple "not enough GPS accuracy" would have been nice...

For the search engines:  Ultratrac - no  status, no VO2max, no lactate threshold