This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Turning off manual lactate threshold?MY

My 935 says Lactate Threshold Manual Entry 173bpm.

How can I reset so it calculates automatically again?

Cheers,

Greg
  • Same here, same problem with fenix 6x Pro

• Is Garmin aware of it? I get the feeling Garmin considers this a feature and not a bug...

• Is there any workaround for it?

• My Garmin Forerunner 945 has been doing the exact same thing. I managed to solve it by resetting the device to factory settings, HOWEVER after running some intervals I clicked accept to an updated LTHR and pace and now my watch is stuck on 'manual' once again... super frustrating. 

I called Garmin today and they persisted with telling me that the watch only updates LTHR and pace every so often so its not a surprise that its not showing on the watch... I kept at them and finally the issue has been forwarded to the software engineering team. Fingers crossed it gets addressed soon!

• FWIW, I was investigating a bit more as to why the manual entered lactate threshold persists even after doing a factory reset of the watch. Going into the Connect site, if you go to my device then Device Settings -> User Settings then scroll down to Heart Rate Zones and then click the Based on... field you'll get the radio options for how the zones are calculated. When I choose Percent of Lactate Threshold Heart Rate, and Calculate my manually entered lactate threshold shows up. You can't reset that in anyway. So, it appears this is a setting that Garmin's servers are holding onto the manual entry. Seems like a design issue on Garmin's part. I'm testing setting it at an arbitrarily low value to see if it will eventually be replaced with a non-manual entered value.

• Same problem with my FR945.

After a fast run it will get the choice to accept a new Lactate Threshold Heart Rate. When I accept it, it doesn't change the Lactate Threshold Heart Rate in my user profile on the watch. Having manually entered a Lactate Threshold Heart Rate into the user profile at some point in the past, it's as if the watch is incapable of ever automatically updating it in the future. I also always have had auto detection of lactate threshold set to ON.

• FWIW, I just chatted with someone from support and she confirmed there was a reported issue on this. I (i.e. my data) will be added to the case for the engineers to investigate.

• I have the same issue currently.  I ran a marathon two weeks ago and was 'peaking' and reasonable vo2 max (down from 58 to 55 with the long training runs).  I had a few days off and noticed that my watch had lost all vo2 data but it was still on Garmin connect app.  I did an easy run on Day 5 and watch said here's your new lactate threshold.  Ever since, every run is unproductive and vo2 has dropped to 50!!!  It's never been so low and nothing I can edit or do that seems to change it.