This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

"Scratch" in new Forerunner 935 housing

Hello,
I'm new here and i'm having a problem with my brand new Forerunner 935 which I just bought.
The first Forerunner I received had a damage in the housing and I had to send it back to get a replacement. Finally I received the replacement but it doesn't look too good as well. The "damage" is now on the other side of the housing but petty similar to the first one. I added a picture of it.
As I received a replacement watch which looks pretty similar, I wanted to ask you if you have the same mark/scratch on your watches. Maybe this is normal due to poor manufacturing, but I don't know. I just don't want to waste a lot of money on a watch which isn't totally ok.

Thank you for your time.

Best regards ciq.forums.garmin.com/.../1272135.jpg
  • I have had mine since may. I have lots of small scratches like that all over those areas on all four corners. None of them look like that though. That looks like maybe a tool mark from one of the press-in dies? It looks pretty small, i'm honestly amazed you even noticed. I wouldn't be concerned with it affecting the functionality of the watch, but it's a little irritating to have a pre-scratched watch that you paid $599 for.
  • Have mine also since May and I am absolutely sure it came without scratches whatsoever. I would return and replace it again and just say it was bad luck. I wouldn't keep it with that scratch. In the meantime mine has also got some scratches, but that's because of daily wear and not out of the box.
  • Have you changed the watch band it came with?

And mine is scratch free too.
  • Thank you all for your opinion. I'm scared that the housing could easily break at the scratch point.
    I was really surprised that the secone watch also had a similar mark which I think is pretty unacceptable for such an expensive model... If someone else made an experience with something like this, I would be happy to know.

philipshambrook No, I didn't change the wristband. I bought the triathlon bundle which comes with a mounted yellow band.
  • Hi there,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having problems with your Forerunner 935. The mark on the housing is definitely not normal, and it's not something that I've seen on any other watches. It's possible that it's a manufacturing defect, but it's also possible that it was caused during shipping.

I would recommend that you contact Garmin customer support and let them know about the issue. They should be able to send you a replacement watch that doesn't have any damage.

Here's the link to Garmin's customer support page: https://support.garmin.com/en-US/

I hope you're able to get a replacement watch that you're happy with sectionpedia.

Best regards,