This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin 735XT it is NOT waterproof

My 735 has now 4 years since it was bought. But I've always used it for running mostly. I've used it 2 or 3 times on seal swim only, and it was enough for the watch started failing. After I went out of the water, I realized the watch was vibrating constantly and not stopping, then all buttons stop working, battery run off and it died.

I've contact Garmin International, but they redirected me to the company that assist here in Brazil on behalf of Garmin. But the options are to sent my watch to assistance for her it fixed AT MY COST or that I buy a new model with a very little discount.

I be found several others issues with the exact same problem on 735. It was never recalled???

Is it right for me to be responsible for paying the fix of this problem?

• Depends on how deep you go. I swim very regularly with it and never have a problem. 

• Same thing happen to me too. After contacting Garmin the let me understand that more than 3 years had passed so I could not get it on the guarantee. They offered a small discount if I wanted to buy a new watch and at the same time told me that the watches had a life expectancy of 4-5 years?

Terrible if you ask me! Quality issues - definitely!

Decided to move to another brand now after having 4 different Garmin forerunner models fail on me to quick...